UGN Security
Posted By: jonconley Similarities of .NET - 04/18/03 07:44 AM
I will have alot of .NET classes in school. And I think the major wave of web development is N-tier web applications generally utilizing XML. So I am not very familr but I know there is C# and I think J#. My question is, anyone familar with java/c++ and J#/C#, if I know the .NET languages, will migration to java/c++ be relatively easy knowledge-wise?

Just curious, I mean, seems .NET VM will run on LInux here soon smile , but still would be nice if I could master the various .NET languages and not have that far of a leap to branch out.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Similarities of .NET - 04/18/03 02:13 PM
you'll find that pure object oriented languages (VB6 and C++ may be object oriented but they're not pure) are extremely similar. I know enough of java and VB.NET and heard enough about C# to know that all these languages are extremely similar. The reason for this is the standardization for various names or mnemonics to access certain functionality, as well as the fairly standardized method for accessing properties and methods of a class. No matter what the syntax, or language, you'll be dealing with objects within objects within objects with loads of properties and methods and constructors... It's all the same really.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Similarities of .NET - 04/24/03 11:37 PM
From what I've seen, if you know Java you can pick up on C# really easily, and vice versa.
© UGN Security Forum