UGN Security
Okay I know *.pdf files can be created on the fly as can *.swf files. Acrobat reader and Flash for those who do not know.

Dose anyone know if Non Microsoft languages can open and edit Word and excel files?

I am refering to Java and PHP mostly, But if perl of Delphi can please let me know that too. I want to think they can because open office is MS Office compatable.

MS Word Has a mime type, as dose Excel.
I believe that Access was designed to allow applications to write for it, so I don't see why the others wouldn't... I believe I've actually seen some scripts writing to word documents although I'm unsure of how...

The .doc extension is also used by WordPad however, and you can open those .doc files in Word; and you can alternatively open them in NotePad...

Word basically uses Rich Text for formatting as can WordPad (NotePad does not have this ability), but the interesting thing is that the Rich Text is generally trunicated when opening with NotePad.
Now in the whole *.net crap they have out there Rich Text is supported right? I mean there is rich text in hotmail. I even saw a .net BBS with Rich text now.

http://www.instantasp.co.uk/products/instantforum/

I saw it clicking on the ads on this BBS. Link above.
Yeh a lot of forums are allowing users to use html codes (limited) and crap now; in fact, the new ubb will have support for colors (although i could hack it in if needed; but i dont think it is)...
© UGN Security Forum