UGN Security
Posted By: xero php-nuke - 01/25/03 07:24 PM
doesn anyone know how phpnuke can be integrated with ultimatebb 6.1.0.3?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 01/26/03 03:34 AM
You're trying to make a php/mysql variable compatable with a cgi/perl ? man are you nuts?
Posted By: xero Re: php-nuke - 01/26/03 06:00 AM
:p

touche... lol didnt realize that... i know phpbb can be used ported to php nuke so i thought.. nevermind im just a big dummy smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 01/26/03 11:15 PM
lol, phpbb uses php/mysql...

I think that you should know though, infopop does have webspiders that crawl the web searching for differant keywords and has bots checking the data vs a database with all valid sites. In other words, their going to find out about your warezed copy of their bbs eventually lol...
Posted By: xero Re: php-nuke - 01/28/03 02:46 AM
yes that was brought to my attention by a certain friend lol... well i switched to phpbb now so nothing to worry about wink
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 01/28/03 03:43 AM
heh...

BTW, PostNuke is better, its less of a drain on bandwidth and resources.
Posted By: xero Re: php-nuke - 01/28/03 03:46 AM
thanks ill consider that
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: php-nuke - 02/01/03 04:35 AM
if ultimatebb stores it's data in mySQL form, it's certainly possible.

Not to be an [censored], but Gizmo, you're completely wrong when you say that two programs written in different languages or scripts are incompatible.

It's the form in which the data is stored; if PHP can read it, it's compatible. There's very little cross-script interaction in a given instance of a script being called.

SO:
xero: find out how ulatimatebb stores it's data, find out what PHPNuke needs, write a script to convert the data from one to the other, and replace all calls to that data with calls to the functions you defined in the new file.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 02/01/03 09:14 AM
UBB Classic stores in flat files. So have fine re-coding it lol...

PHPNuke uses mysql/PHP, ubb classic uses CGI/Perl, have fun in that then scally... Since I'm completely "wrong" lol...

If he was using UBB Threads it'd be another story, it'd be easy to incorporate, but i doubt he even would try lol...

The whole reason for me saying its *impossible* was because he'd have to recode the UBB Classic line for line (it gets rather complex) to use MySQL as opposed to flat files.
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: php-nuke - 02/01/03 11:09 PM
Gizmo: no, there's probably functions like "get author" and "create thread" and whatnot - just recoding hte data access in those files would be simple. You still don't understand.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 12:08 AM
Maybe I am not understanding it, but it sounds like to do what Scally is saying is to basically write a php version of the cgi/perl stuff. That sounds alot like what Gizmo is saying.
Posted By: jonconley Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 12:40 AM
I am a little confused. PHPNuke? I checked it out, but does PostNuke not use PHP/MySQL anyways?

PostNuke 0.7.2.3

Well, I plan on using PostNuke. I am testing it out with 5 different forums.

VBulletin v2.2.9
UBB.Threads v6.2.1
YaBB SE v1.5
Invision v1.1
phpBB v2.0.4

Please reply with any info you know about these. I will review and rate them.
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 01:56 AM
Cold Sunn, no I'm talking about replacing certain parts of a perl/cgi application with perl/cgi code to read data from a different source. Does nobody ever think of this, lol?
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 02:09 AM
Why would you read data from another source when the data isn't in another source. Why not make the php that needs to read from the source that the perl reads from. I really don't even know what's going on anymore.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 03:32 AM
lol. Everybody is in agreement. Gizmo is just saying that it would be hard due to the complex code (Quote: "So have [fun] re-coding it lol"). Scallion says to change the code. Cold Sunn is saying the exact same thing.

You guys crack me up.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 02:40 PM
Ok... Last time I'll try this... Ah [censored] it I'll just link you to the UBB Dev forum discussing this: http://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003443

Although I also found: http://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003454 which would give you the ability to use "same logins".

BTW jon, PostNuke does use PHP/MySQL.
Posted By: jonconley Re: php-nuke - 02/02/03 10:17 PM
Yeah, that is what I thought. I was just perplexed as to why there is a PHPNuke then.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: php-nuke - 02/03/03 12:56 AM
PHPNuke is worthless in my opinion, PostNuke does the same thing with less the resource hogs...
© UGN Security Forum