UGN Security
Posted By: ninjaneo Html God - 08/07/02 06:53 AM
Admit it CS ownz all of your asses at html / dhtml.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Html God - 08/07/02 11:15 AM
lmao

hey what the hell is with the graemlins?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Html God - 08/08/02 06:41 AM
CS is soooooo good.....he scares me.....however, as long as we are in my forum, you will all refer to me as god. end of discussion
Posted By: olosoft Re: Html God - 08/21/02 01:43 PM
try opening that in any browser besides ie 5.5+ under windows. not to critisize, cuz thats a nice design, but the trick is to make it work on everything.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Html God - 08/21/02 02:19 PM
/me has no mercy for people with backward computers and backward browsers
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Html God - 08/23/02 10:15 PM
lol. yeah i would like it to be compatible for everyone, but if it looks good to me, then i am fine with it. If they don't know why it doesn't work right for them, then I am not worried about them seeing it. And anyone else will do what they need to anyways. Good advice, I just don't wanna worry about making a design that works well on all browsers.

I tried using Mozilla (not for looking at the site). I hated mozilla. I was gonna try Opera, but i saw it has a big banner in the top. I like IE (screw netscape) the best so far, and one big reason is because I can have all my toolbars on one level. I hate having all this crap in the way of the site I am looking at.

lol, i also just realized though i can get a topic about me being an html god, i still have a 1 star rating.
Posted By: SephiroX Re: Html God - 08/25/02 04:39 AM
I dono man, olo has also been very good with webdesign. Some of the sites he made impressed me.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Html God - 08/25/02 12:08 PM
oh, you actually contesting their claim CS is the HTML god? heh, well, they're wrong, I just didn't want to break it to them when they posted it in the first place. HTML god? What's special about knowing HTML? There's nothing special to HTML - there's nothing that is hard to learn. When you know all there is to know about HTML - then you know just as much as every other regular dude out there that doesn't use webdesigner programs.

Olo is a graphics and flash man, I am a DHTML/CSS man, my dad is an elite javascript man, others know XML SMIL and various others. HTML? Bah, what a joke.
Posted By: dashocker Re: Html God - 08/28/02 10:19 PM
heh, if the title is a joke, why dont we just let him have it? :0
Posted By: budwurm Re: Html God - 09/02/02 06:10 AM
if anyone knows of a really good html guide please send it to me at [email protected]
because i suck
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Html God - 09/06/02 08:34 AM
Start here

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/frontdoor/beginners.html

If you learn everything there, most people here will think your 1337
Posted By: Jonquiere Re: Html God - 09/06/02 08:48 PM
Yeah, WebMonkey is probably the best starter, could look for HTML programming on an search engine, but WebMonkey should give u a lot of information
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Html God - 09/09/02 08:36 PM
http://www.htmlgoodies.com is where I learned most of my [censored]. After I started knowing some, I used photoshop more, and then made that design all in photoshop first. Then just edited the code for iframes and everything.

haha yeah knowing html isn't that big a deal. I think it is being able to achieve your purpose, making it look sweet, functional, whatever, that is important. I am learning ASP right now so I will have something real to brag about. wink

I saw one of Olo's sites, and jah is was leet. I didn't like the style that much, but it was cool. I rarely find something done well in flash though, and that I like. I would use flash for leet rollovers and shizzle, but i wouldn't use it for an entire site. Flash text and scrollbars are hella-annoying to me. It just isn't meh style.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Html God - 09/27/02 08:43 AM
they're annoyi eh ? well i think flash rocks

check out this www.xeofreestyle.com

you'll see what in hell i'm talkin' bout
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Html God - 09/28/02 05:47 PM
i have to agree with cs, flash can be nice sometimes but to much of it is annoying, and building pages with flash has proven to be more trouble than its worth for me
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Html God - 09/28/02 06:33 PM
you could say it's hard BackSlash and it really takes lots of time and takes professionality.
but hell yeah i've gotta agree a bit with you guys too, TOOO MUCH of it is a bit annoyin.

Site that use php are drivin me crazy.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Html God - 09/28/02 08:52 PM
What I don't like about flash projects is that when you press 'Back' or if you hit 'Refresh' then the flash starts over. So as long as you don't make the entire site a single flash file that loads other files, then it's ok.

When it comes to php or asp, I don't understand why anybody would care. It's like perl - it works behind the scenes to generate pages.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Html God - 09/28/02 09:23 PM
well i think they care coz it's a bit easier

and one question SilentRage the website url you provided on your profile, i can't open it ?
is it ok or what ?
Posted By: pergesu Re: Html God - 09/28/02 10:27 PM
It's just down right now.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Html God - 09/28/02 11:42 PM
oh ok than pergesu, i just wanted to see SilentRages work if that's his site. He's pretty good and has pretty good and very usefull comments here so i wanted to see him in action too.

Greetz SilentRage

P.S. pergesu, check your PM
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Html God - 09/29/02 12:37 AM
What I meant is... I don't see how anybody would care VIEWING sites created with PHP. The opinion about it being easier has to do with designing sites. I was responding to your comment about how "Site that use php are drivin me crazy".

As for my site yeah... my website is down for various reasons. If you wanna view my work, you may still FTP and download stuff.

ftp://serialcoders.sytes.net
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Html God - 09/29/02 01:24 AM
maybe he means those phpNuke and postNuke sites. Almost all of them look the same except images and color. There are a few unique designs out there though.

When I think flash is appropriate, is intros (there are some very very cool ones out there, and intros are only to look cool usually) animations that as any other format would be ridiculous size-wise and slow, and maybe other stuff that can only be done in flash, or done well in it. Like mouse overs and stuff. that site xeofreestyle is very leet.

I think i would use flash for header images that just loop around and stuff. but I would never use it for whole site, or even near that. Like SR said, going back and things like that are features people like using, especially me. I wouldn't want to have a design I don't even like using.

recently I gave up asp and started learning php. i never thought about it, but asp is MS only, so nice and cheap (among other things) unix servers aren't gonna support it. php however, is all over the place. so almost any pay host is going to spport php. php has also proved to be really easy to learn, more so than asp. lol, but mySQL is something i haven't even touched yet...php without making use of a databases...so useful.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Html God - 09/29/02 02:01 AM
i would use javascript and or vbscript for mouseovers...
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Html God - 09/29/02 08:49 AM
yeah i understand you SilentRage.

ColdSun well maybe i was also thinkin about those PHPNuke sites and so on, but what i really wanted to say is that PHP is somehow an easier way of codin that perl for example, coz as you might know for 2 years there were 1.3 milion hosts that were using PHP, i used javascript a lot, i still do, it's good and will remain so, but php is much better i think. But for my opionin usually to use PHP and databases and so on you need to know MySql too. I never touched that yet either but i'm learning php all the time, i dunno, it just looks easier too me.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Html God - 09/29/02 08:20 PM
PHP will never compare to javascript. They're 2 different animals. One runs on the server and therefor may generate content based upon information stored on the server. Javascript however can make websites more interactive on the CLIENT side.

It would be better to compare PHP with ASP or Perl - for they all serve the same purpose. I personally prefer perl cause it's a full language and therefor the most powerful.
© UGN Security Forum