UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin /me - 03/07/02 04:23 PM
Until i can get an updated version of the irc, /me will be broken, with SR's help we made the following: (with a small modification by me)

/me {
if ($server == irc.undergroundnews.com) {
/msg $chan (colorcodes) $+ * $me $1-
}
else {
/describe $chan $1-
}
}

This will make it so that /me acts as: [09:04] <QuickyMcLoseload> * QuickyMcLoseload looks at Bhodi

on the UGN server, or a standard /me on any other network. This problem is being worked on and we will keep you up to date.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: /me - 03/07/02 04:27 PM
Please note that you must place that in your alias definitions on mIRC heh..
Posted By: Geek_Goddess_IISis Re: /me - 03/07/02 06:44 PM
As a rule in IRC, what is everyone using? Personally I use MIRC w/ eXtreme... just curious. One of these days I'll have to hop in and say w00t!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: /me - 03/07/02 07:09 PM
on my windows box i'm using mIRC with the UPIN Addon, which is available through the IRC page under clients...

On my nix boxes i'm runnin bitchx
Posted By: SilentRage Re: /me - 03/08/02 12:57 AM
duh, I keep getting errors, mIRC doesn't seem to know what a (colorcodes) is.

I'm a newbie, I need heeeeeeeeeelp!!!

oh nevermind, this really awesome leeto dude named SilentRage told me how to fix it:

/me {
�����if ($server == irc.undergroundnews.com) {
����������/msg $chan $chr(3) $+ 13* $me $1-
�����}
�����else {
����������/describe $chan $1-
�����}
}

Change the 13 to change the color.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: /me - 03/08/02 01:00 AM
rofl true true, i figured their know how to control k heh
Posted By: quicksilver Re: /me - 04/05/02 01:09 AM
Here is a solution for those using x-chat:

#!perl
#you may need to change first line
IRC::register("/me fix", "0.01", "", "");
IRC::add_command_handler("me", "me");
IRC::print("/me fix loaded..");

sub me{
$server_name=IRC::get_info(3);
$nick=IRC::get_info(1);
if($server_name eq "irc.undergroundnews.com"){
IRC::command("%C11* $nick $_[0]");
return 1;
}
}

NOTES:
-If you do not have perl installed on your system this will not work.
-I suggest putting this in the x-chat folder named me.pl and then adding the command /load me.pl to your on-connect commands for irc.undergroundnews.com
-You can have this script always loaded becuase the command will be execute by x-chat unless you are on irc.undergroundews.com
-You can change the output color by using one of the x-chat color codes where i have but %C11.

NOTEs for Programers:
Yes i know the code could have been smaller and a bit more efficient but i wanted it to be readable by non-programmers. In addition the reason no else statement is needed is that unless the return of the sub is 1 the command will "fall through" to other scripts or x-chat itslef, and as you can see the return value is only 1 when the if block is used. Finally, the @_ array hold the arguements after the /me command just as if they had been passed to the subroutine by the main script.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: /me - 04/05/02 07:02 PM
YOU SOBS KILLED /me!!!! LOL that sounds funny... Sorry was very tempting... /me feel better
Posted By: Crime Re: /me - 05/17/02 12:36 AM
"/me" is still broken, no updates yet
© UGN Security Forum