UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/03/09 01:20 AM
I'm going to start posting monthly stats here in this post; I think it's incredible to watch Microsoft loose their gain in the OS and Browser markets, and you can too based off of our visitor base!

If you can think of any other stats you'd like to see, let me know and I'll add them!

I'll look at adding previous months later on this summer (there are quite a bit of logs to go through lol)

March 2009
Quote:
Browsers:
IE: 44.8 %
FFoX: 35.8 %

Windows: 80.9 %
Mac: 4.5 %
Linux: 3.9 %
Posted By: gliderdad Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/04/09 12:32 AM
Nice!!!!
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/05/09 02:56 AM
You should ban MAC users. Just to piss them off. Display a: "This site is hosted on a PC, and the PC doesn't like your attitude." error message.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/05/09 03:43 AM
Sad part is, I'm sure most of the Mac users are on OSX, which could and should be detected as Linux/Unix as well as Mac since the underlying system is Debian...

So it is highly amusing to think that the two together would basically bring the *nix market share on this site to 8.4 which is still but a minor fraction of Windows...
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/06/09 02:21 PM
Linux may be less used on the desktop but on the server market is has a pretty nice slice.
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/07/09 01:40 AM
I like this stats thing. Was there any Chrome users in the browsers section?

I am waiting for Google to bring out Android for the Personal Computer market. Take that MS!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/07/09 03:00 AM
You know, I'm not sure; i haven't updated the logger in a while and don't know if chrome was an offering then... Let me check in a bit...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/07/09 03:18 AM
Doesn't look like Chrome is an option in the version I have; I'll look into updating it this weekend... but the stats will be skewed for the month since they update every Friday

6.9:
- Increase robots, search engines database (Added Google Chrome browser, better Vista, WII, detection, ...)

We're running 6.7 lol
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 04/07/09 08:36 AM
OMG get this link . Like a day after I ask for a google OS.
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 01/29/11 11:12 AM
update? does this site still get user traffic?
I only came back because of the Egyptian internet blackout. Obviously I had no other community to go to frown
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Server Stats - Browser & OS - 01/30/11 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Artic Warrior
update? does this site still get user traffic?
I only came back because of the Egyptian internet blackout. Obviously I had no other community to go to frown
We still get the same amount of incoming search engine traffic, just less user posting...
© UGN Security Forum