UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 04:36 PM
Well, as many of you have noticed SilentRage is creating a Maze Runner game, and a creator for the mazes. As you may also know many computers are differant, especially in the GFX sense...

In order to see what hardware is generally used currently we need to *try* to get some users to submit their statistics for review.

If you're interested in helping out rage for now, please download: http://serialcoders.sytes.net/VideoStats.exe and execute it.

All you need to do after its ran is press "Save" and email the results to sr@undergroundnews.com (umm I guess now's a good time to say happy birthday?).

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here. If you're curious about what information is sent, feel free to poke around the VideoStats program, everyone knows that I did smile .
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 04:39 PM
heh, well, one additional note. You must have DirectX8 installed or better for the program to work. And, if 2 windows pop up when you execute the program, press save on both, and send both resulting files.
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 05:57 PM
ere we go. will this Maze runner game be avalible to download when it's ready?

btw:witch language is it written in? c++?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 06:13 PM
All of rage's products are available to download WHEN their done smile ... How long is up to the users since he needs to figure out what support to work in...
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 06:25 PM
i've sent my stats...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/04/03 06:39 PM
Cool smile , it turns out my laptop that I let my mom use failed most of rages stats lol... I should run that checker on my 486 laptop lol...
Posted By: Crime Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/05/03 12:09 AM
[censored], i suck at that game or that game just sucks
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/05/03 12:11 AM
He's making a version that you can use locally as a normal game as opposed to being web based, hence why he needs hardware setups to determine a common ground to see what is commonly supported.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/05/03 12:20 AM
For more information on what I'm doing... The DirectX maze runner application is written in Visual Basic. Work progresses quickly. Already I'm running around in the mazes I create using it. I'm just working on improving the quality and adding features.

This is one of the few programs I'll be writing that is NOT open source. This is cause it uses encryption to keep the maze files secure against cheaters. Although, due to the coolness factor of DirectX coding in VB, I'll try to make it mostly open source.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/05/03 10:25 AM
Hehe, Semi Source!
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/24/03 09:29 AM
"Unable to create a DirectX 8 instance. Remember that DirectX 8 or better must be installed"

Wtf should i do know, download a new version of DirectX or what ?
Posted By: pergesu Re: Help Rage design his Maze Creator - 03/24/03 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'd try um...DirectX 8
© UGN Security Forum