UGN Security
Posted By: Deviation187 The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 10:26 AM
So Im checking my email and i get this mai subject "wanna be friends" note this email is one that I had barely registered hours before and nobody knew about it. so anyway, the email states:

"Hello,
I just came across your email ID while searching in the Yahoo profiles.
Actually I want a true friend 4 life with whom I can share my everything.
So if you are interested in being my friend 4 life then mail me.

If you wanna know about me, attached is my profile along with some of my
pics. You can check and if you like it then do mail me.
I will be waiting for your mail.

Best Wishes,
Your Friend.."

with an attachment "My_sexy_pic.scr" and last time i checked scr was not a picture format, well anyways... right away i obviously knew this was some kinda worm or some type of thinga mabob, but since i was bored i decided to research this and yeep, i was right. i searched the email which was "[email protected]" and i found this http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected] so yeep, i dunno u may know about this, or w/e but i just found it intresting, kinda funny in a way. so yeah i thought id just share it with you
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 10:46 AM
wow, wait a minute I got 3. geeez, all 3 are 47kb.. and two end with "best regard, Admin" i think thats enought for me to delete it, this is getting me pissed cuz the purpose of this new meial i have is a place whree i wont get spam mail.. and i havent registered anywhere, or even told anyone, so i hope i dont get more from that thing, w/e it is.
Posted By: sinetific Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 11:00 AM
YEah we were discussing this worm in another thread already. http://www.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000162
Maybe this one will top the charts. Its kinda interesting to watch this infect all these people. I better go tell my mom to watch out so she dont do anything dumb and open some crap up in her email.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 11:06 AM
lol yeep.. oh ok didnt notice, thanx
Posted By: fleshwound Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 01:20 PM
hey.. will you be my friend 4 life? c'mon.. i always make friends 4 life by searching yahoo profiles. doesn't everyone? hehehe. sorry. lack of sleep.. me getting wierd
Posted By: §intå× Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 05:07 PM
You guys might laugh but I came here looking for friends for life. Then I found out you ALL SUCK!

I hate you! Every god damned one of you. You are just so mean to me.

/me runs away screaming and crying
Posted By: SilentRage Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 07:20 PM
"It uses its own SMTP engine to email itself to all the contacts in the Windows Address Book"

'bout frickin time a worm writer doesn't use the crappy outlook classes to send mail with.
Posted By: Asteos Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 08:51 PM
I've gotten about 10 of these emails in the past couple of days, at first I didn't know what it was, because I couldnt view the email header and I didn't know who it was from. Well as interesting as it sounded (Lets dance and forget about everything ... screensaver) I wasn't naive enough to download it.
Posted By: Asteos Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 08:56 PM
This is funny too, I just went to my mail again and I got a letter from some dude pretended to be a prince or some [censored]. Check this out:

FROM HIS ROYAL MAJESTY (HRM)
CROWN RULER OF ELEME KINGDOM
CHIEF Mbaka Ojuju, PHD, EZE 1 OF ELEME.
fax: 234-9-2726994
Mobile: 234-80-33074101

"Hello

This letter might surprise you because we have met
neither in person nor by correspondence." blah blahb lahb ... (lots of pointless nonsense here)
"I am waiting for your quick response.

Yours faithfully,

PRINCE Ojuju O. Ojuju

Heir To be Thrown"

I'm going to stop using email from now on. This [censored] has just gotten too wierd.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: The funniest thing... - 01/04/03 09:18 PM
makes you think though, maybe just maybe one of them is real, and your just ignoring a prince, or jesus or something...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 12:50 AM
Nah, jesus would use a phone.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 05:08 AM
Ok this is pissing me off. i just got two more of these crappy emails, the point of this email address is not to get spammed, and only for ppl whom i want emailing me.. sigh*

(err lets just talk about this subject here :-\ it seems to have caught on)
Posted By: Gremelin Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 05:14 AM
Man, I get [censored] like this daily lol, who cares?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 05:56 AM
i find it funny that people actually fall for these scams. it would seem so obvious to me that the prince from some country is not really emailing me. people need to use more common sense when reading email.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 06:05 AM
The most clever one i heard about was the yahoo.com one. People would open it thinking it was a link to yahoo but it ran commands.
Posted By: Asteos Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 06:37 AM
I was thinking about calling those numbers to see what happened. If it is a prince, calling the dude would help to find this out. I'm just too lazy and not bored enough to call from my house. To hell with it. Monarchy sucks [censored], anyways. In a normal society he would just be rich-[censored], white collared, republican for me to make fun of and give me more reason to hate people.
Posted By: ohfuk Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 04:36 PM
i found the letter Asteos had sent its here
http://gdead.mooseriver.com/~jgrosch/Nigeria/Nigeria.26.html
Posted By: unreal Re: The funniest thing... - 01/05/03 06:21 PM
This has been going around forever. Nothing special about it.
Posted By: Asteos Re: The funniest thing... - 01/09/03 10:49 PM
Ohfuk how did you find that? Is this [censored] mailing you guys too? I'm going to prank this son of a [censored]. laugh laugh
Posted By: ohfuk Re: The funniest thing... - 01/10/03 01:29 AM
heh, i read you post and i wanted to find out where that country was because i didnt even know what continent it was in, and im a curious person. typed it in in google, clicked on a link and thats what popped up, sort of lucky i guess
© UGN Security Forum