UGN Security
Posted By: ObiWan Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 11:45 AM
I am wondering what everyone�s favorite movie of all time is, and why.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 02:28 PM
Off Topic
Posted By: sinetific Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 04:11 PM
Pulp Fiction.

The dialog is amazing, the story is incredible, and it's just hillarious. It's not your typical story, or movie, It really is an original work which is hard to do. It may lack in some areas, but it is deffinately my favorite.
Posted By: $500,000 Bentley Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 07:03 PM
The Godfather.and The Godfather2.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 07:09 PM
Matrix Reloaded, juss saw it last night --[censored] sick sick new characters, tons of [censored] being blown up and a plot line 10 times thicker than before.

I hear part3 is coming out in November
Posted By: Drake Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 08:22 PM
Pulp Fiction was an awesome movie. I liked the way they messed with the timeline in that movie. Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies of all time. Ace Ventura 2 is another one. Oh, and The Game. lol. yeah, three favorite movies.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 08:47 PM
Boondock Saints; 2 irish christian's goin around offing the mafia and killing a cat, plus "the green goblin" guy plays a fag!

Killer Klowns from Outer Space; My favorite movie growing up, it just kicked [censored], clowns wrapping people up in cotton candy and sucking their blood out through a twistie straw...

Jonny Nemonic; The guy is his own storage device, enough said...

I have more, but no time, so later.
Posted By: unreal Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 09:48 PM
Quote:
Killer Klowns from Outer Space; My favorite movie growing up, it just kicked [censored], clowns wrapping people up in cotton candy and sucking their blood out through a twistie straw...
That explains a few things. :x
Posted By: §intå× Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/15/03 11:36 PM
Ammazon Women on the moon

Not adult content but just enough T and A. Funny, stupid, and at times you had to pay attention.

Starwars(drinking game) IV, V, VI You pick a charater. Your friends each pick charaters. (New guy is luke or darth vader) You drink the whole time your charater is on the screen. Drink for anything dealling with the force. Drink durning any insest. etc etc etc....
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/16/03 03:57 PM
Pearl Harbor
Posted By: dashocker Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/16/03 04:21 PM
BP, I think any movie involving Josh Hartnett is automatically disqualified unless you are a teenage girl :x

My favorite movie is pretty much any with Ed Norton or directed by Oliver Stone. Not to mention Real Genius, Beverely Hills Cop, Snatch, and of course, James Bond. Pulp Fiction also deserves props. Ok, I better stop editing this or it's never gonna stop...
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/16/03 05:11 PM
Pulp Fiction was excellent, as was The Usual Suspects.

I watched Wayne's World (1992) the other night, that movie rocks. There are so many jokes that went over my head or I had forgotten since I last saw it.

I must agree with dashocker's mentioning of James Bond. Needless to say Sean Connery was the best and will continue to be the best 007.
Posted By: Chem Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/17/03 11:34 AM
Iv never actually seen pulp fiction,
if its on dvd Ill rent it asap.
Posted By: Ice Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/17/03 03:50 PM
My Favroute movie of all time is

American History X
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/18/03 12:18 AM
Drama
Beautiful Mind
Cool Hand Luke
Donnie Darko
Hair
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Pi
Requim For A Dream
Rules of Attraction

Thriller
13th Floor
Attic Expeditions
Dark City
Existenz
Lost Highway
Session 9

Comedy
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Office Space
Super Troopers

Horror
Cannibal Holocaust
Terror Toons
Real Killers
Riget (Kingdom)

Action
Following
Mulholland Drive
Posted By: Asteos Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/18/03 11:19 AM
You people have obviously never seen The Matrix.
Posted By: unreal Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/18/03 07:52 PM
No, not one of us.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/18/03 10:05 PM
Matrix 1 is definately my fave. Second fave would be... give it up to the favorite fake movie you always seem to download in kazaa... Fight Club! wooooo

Sorry to break it to ya, but matrix kicks pearl harbor [censored]. Know it comes as a shocker to ya.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/19/03 12:50 AM
jonconley has some good choices. But where did Pearl Harbor (2001) come into the equation. There is only one way to put it: that movie sucked!
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/19/03 02:57 AM
LOL I have a list but hey

Hackers (was a c00 movie c'mon)
Pulp Fiction
Matrix Series
Lord of the Rings series
Slapshot
Blade Series
Evil Dead 1,2, and Army of Darkness
All monty pythons
Interview With a Vampire
Clockwork Orange
Apocolypse Now
Full Metal Jacket

Actully sry I am not going to go on, however as you know I got list and I love movies.
Posted By: Drake Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/19/03 05:33 AM
I forgot to put "The Game" circa 1992, i think.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/19/03 12:14 PM
"The Game" was pretty kick for sure. Blade also. "Interview with a Vampire" is pretty kick as well.
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/20/03 11:12 PM
/me bows to The Game also. And to gizzy I believe, Boondock Saints was great. Fan of one of the brothers and a "flaming" Dafoe is spectacular smile Best scene, him and the chinese guy in the morning.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/22/03 02:14 PM
Haha Jon, yeah.

A long time ago I didn't have a favorite movie. I had only seen the regular shitty movies. Then, The Matrix. It was immedietly my favorite movie.

Then, I saw other good movies. And now I don't have a favorite, just alot higher standards.

Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Following, Memento, Boondock, Trainspotting, Good Will Hunting ([censored] you, it's good), Knockaround Guys, LA Confidential (not the shows City Confidential or LA Law, much better), and so on. I mean, now, there are so many great movies. I guess I could put them in an order but it would be hard.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/22/03 06:00 PM
Trainspotting was awesome ... as was LA Confidential ... and the rest of your list.

What about The Matrix Reloaded, how did it stackup to The Matrix?
Posted By: thebluegiant Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/22/03 07:32 PM
Lawrence of Arabia.
Easily the most beautiful movie I've ever seen.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/22/03 10:32 PM
Agreed and Doctor Zhivago (1965)
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/23/03 02:30 PM
Oops, left it out. I think that Reloaded was on the exact same plane of quality that the first was. Not in the same way, but I think everything evens out to be the same level. The reason you might not like it is, you would go in expecting it to be absolutely the best, but you forget that the movie has to get started, bring you up to speed, and so on.

I expected this one to have better action, worse plot (but still good, just that the first was so great). I expected the third to have worse action and plot (but both still good). Now that I've seen the second and changed my mind, I expect the third to be exactly the same level.
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/23/03 04:13 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about Harvey

Great movie
Posted By: Gollum Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/26/03 07:15 PM
whoa, jon...since when was mulholland drive an action movie? god, i can't believe nobody mentioned ghostbusters. or "we were soldiers". boondock saints was a great movie, but it sucks it wasn't in theaters b/c of all those psycho kids. speaking of psycho though, i'm a horror movie buff, so you'd have to add halloween and scream to my list...as well as, of course psycho(the original). i like it when the killer acts sane, but underneath it all can kill easily. or in the case of halloween, just a classic slasher flick. session 9 was really good too. as well as silence of the lambs. (first it rubs the lotion...) i'd say more, but this post would be a page long. and of course the action type films...like the matrix, or the net, star wars saga. i suppose the terminator would be here as well. saving private ryan and gettysburg were great war movies as well. comedy...there's something about mary, fish called wanda, wayne's world, army of darkness, princess bride (shut up), not sure if the royal tennenbaums would go here or drama...but in any case...drama: almost famous, i guess would go here. i'd also put mulholland drive in this category. and perhaps memento. and cool hand luke. btw, anyone who hasn't seen cool hand luke, definitly should. but i digress. favorite movie of all time: halloween/scream. they may not be the "best" movies....but they are my favorites. in fact, i think i'll go watch both of them right now.//
Posted By: Imperial Re: Favorite movie of all time? - 05/26/03 09:38 PM
Fight Club
Fallen
Romeo and Juliet(latest one with Leonardo Dicaprio)
Boiler Room
Mothman Prophesies
The Ring
and I guess The Matrix

that's all I can think of right now, I'll have to repost with some more later or something
© UGN Security Forum