UGN Security
Posted By: Chem Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 02:06 PM
well, I watched it last night, and I read the book before also, I found it was too long in some parts and skipped too much in other parts (EG, the ents), not to mention the movie was over 3 hours long, what do you think?
i say it with my school on wed.cool movie, im also a fan of the books but chems rite 2 damn long!!!
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 04:43 PM
I think it was great (except, here, it was in spanish god damnit !).
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 04:57 PM
i luv The Books(i never read books) and i'm a great fan of the movies. the story is to good to reject=)

Way cool story i must say, that makes the movies great
Posted By: wizzy Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 05:03 PM
i thought the movie was awsome, granted i never read the books, maybe thats why i didnt have anything dissapointing about the movie. long yes, but definently great, i couldnt beileve the amount of humor they put into it.
Posted By: Chem Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 08:05 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chem Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 08:06 PM
Griffon, you like?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/20/02 09:54 PM
the blonde is the best
Posted By: Ice Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/21/02 01:15 AM
hehe well i am not a big fane of the books but i seen the first one when i came out = ) (on dvd) i guess i watch this one when i comes out on DVD
heh
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/21/02 01:57 AM
i read the lord of the rings and the history of middle earth im a huge fan. this is the best attempt at making an lotr movie yet, i dont really watch the movies till they come out on tv(hbo..etc) but i hear the two towers has the ents in it? thats more than i ever thought they'd put in, seeing as how they left tom bombadil(forgive spelling) out of the fellowship of the ring
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/21/02 06:06 PM
i read the books when i was like, 10.saw the movie last night and it was danm good. the war was [censored] amazing, too bad the elves didnt bring any 500 gallon buckets of hot tar though, that would have kicked [censored]. kinda increadably predictable though, might be because i read the book. all in all, 2 thumbs up laugh
Posted By: Griffon Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/22/02 10:11 PM
It's coming out in a few days here in Australia, when it does come out i will definetley see it, the first one was great, the length is no problem for me, I like a good movie and its not like they have long boring scences filled with talking they actually have quite a good amount of action to keep you on the edge of your seet.
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/22/02 11:05 PM
the movie was [censored] greatness at its best. god damn that [censored] ruled. Now we must wait another year
Posted By: unreal Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/22/02 11:59 PM
Quote:
seeing as how they left tom bombadil(forgive spelling) out of the fellowship of the ring
I got thinking about why they left out ol' Tom. I've come to the conclusion that the writers of the movie really couldn't include everyone, seeing as how long each book really is. Therefore they had to stick just to the main plot: the quest of the ring. The only beef I have with the writers is that they included a love affair with Aragorn and Arwen, which really didn't happen in the book. I can't say too much though... the director/writer is a huge fan of the books, so I'm glad that he was behind it all.

God I'm a geek... laugh
Posted By: pergesu Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/23/02 06:16 PM
About the love affair, movies these days have to have some kind of love story. Otherwise, how would I be able to get my girlfriend to go to it? It sucks, but they want to make more money and it's a way for them to target people who might not otherwise be interested in it.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/23/02 07:42 PM
I finally saw it yesterday, err or today either way since it started at 11pm ended around 2am something... It was pretty good, i was starting to fall asleep at the end but then the battle woke me up again heh.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/31/02 01:53 PM
I have also seen the movie and i luved it. It's a sort of movie that owns all other movies, It's incredible, I like everything about it except some parts in the books that has been left out.
But I don't think something has been boring in any of the films so far, do you?
Posted By: unreal Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/31/02 07:43 PM
The Ents didn't show up at Helm's Deep like in the book. frown
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/31/02 10:30 PM
I dont think those were Ents that showed up in the book...weren't they the fanghorns the ents were like a step above them if i remember right
Posted By: unreal Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/31/02 11:02 PM
Well yes...my mistake. The Huorns showed up at Helm's Deep.
Posted By: Drake Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 12/31/02 11:05 PM
I saw it. Frodo looks too gay. I'm sorry, that just bugs me. Gandolf is awesome. The part where Legolas "surfs" down the steps was awesome. I saw it at 10 and it didn't get out till one and it was way hot in the theater. If it wasn't such a damn good movie I would have been pissed at the length.
Posted By: Ice Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 01/01/03 02:00 AM
hmm i went to the movies to watch LOTR but a movie called Empire cought my eye
So i decided to go see that instead, It was OK wasent as good as Blow
Should of seen LOTR instead = ( Owell i watch it on dvd when i comes out
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 01/04/03 05:46 AM
well.. i made it almost over a year without seeing the first one. but, my sister wanted to see it. so a few days ago she was watching. i was too lazy to leave the couch, so i ended up watching it too. i must say, it is one of the worst movies ever made. i hated it. so i refuse to see the second one. i'm not going to sit there for 3 hours and be disappointed again. plus, it didn't even have to be that damned long. they could have left a lot of crap out. i say boourns to lord of the rings.

god.. i'd rather watch david bowie prancing around in those tight grey pants in Labyrinth than watch a lord of the rings movie.
Posted By: unreal Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 01/04/03 06:27 AM
Just when I thought I knew you fleshy... :'(
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Lord of the Rings - the two Towers - 01/04/03 07:16 PM
lol, labyrinth rocks. I enjoyed that song he sings during the ballroom scene so much that I arranged it for the piano and memorized the words so that I can sing and play it anytime I'm at a piano. laugh

Yes, Mr. Attitude plays the piano. heh
© UGN Security Forum