UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Feed back - 12/23/02 10:07 PM
http://www.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t =000073#000004

How did I do so far? Anyone wana help?
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Feed back - 12/23/02 11:08 PM
Basically, before that I knew nothing about Linux. I haven't looked around but I think you are doing a good job.

Did they model some of the linux commands after the windows commands? Or other way around or both?
Posted By: §intå× Re: Feed back - 12/23/02 11:51 PM
windows I am sure copied some unix ideas. But Unix came out Long before Windows. Linux is just a kinda copy of Unix. I consider it a Unix system, but it is not true system V Unix. It is closer to System VII(BSD(a newer version of Unix))

True Unix is VERY expensive. Who ever sells it Licenses the rights from Bell labs, or I think it is Lucent now.

Bell core turned in Telcordia.
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Feed back - 12/24/02 12:55 AM
I think you are doing great. I belive a person who will install linux for the first time, will moust probably use a grafical interface to browse folders or make directories. But these are things any new linux user should know and it's good that you do this tutorial. I'll try to help if you want, just tell me what parts do you want to cover, or what I should write about.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Feed back - 12/24/02 01:28 AM
If you want do up a section on any of these

commands
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
grep
fgrep
whois

tools
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
vi
gzip
tar