UGN Security
Posted By: jonconley 2002 Election Results - 11/06/02 08:03 AM
You can go here to check out results for your state.

Here are some of the measures.

I am of course pissed about several.

1] Medical Marijuana use in Arizona failed, but within 15%.

2] Cannot register on election day in California. I understand fraud and that people shouldn't put it off, but with only 64% of people turning out, this might help make people active if they can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

3] In florida can smoke only in private home, guest rooms for smoking at hotels, standalone bars, and
tobacco shops. I understand point, but let the [censored] businesses decide here. I think it is asinine to take away their choice. [censored] it is damn near impossible to go eat in a restaurant and smoke on the weekends in 3 states I have been in.

4] Colorado decided against giving foreign language kids a year schooling in a special english only immersion program before forcing them to join english speaking courses unless parents request not to. This one is bullshit also. Let them learn w/o learning our language, that doesn't create even more separation between the kids. I mean force it on them when they are young and can learn it quickly, but no. Morons.

5] Nevada bans same sex marriages. Come on, of all places to let this happen, you would think Nevada would be the most tolerant. Its very sad.

6] Nevada legalizing marijuana usage if over 21 and under 3oz. Also growing and selling if regulated. This one.... failed. Nuff said, you know what i think.

OK I am done. Just kinda pissed and figured some of you might be interested in what are country recently decided.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: 2002 Election Results - 11/07/02 12:44 AM
same sex marriages should be tolerated everywhere, who is the government to decide who you are with. more or less, the same holds true for the rest of those, it is just the government trying to run our lives. why the hell does a old fat white man get to decide whats best for me. by the way, tennessee voted for a lottery.
Posted By: unreal Re: 2002 Election Results - 11/07/02 06:00 AM
omg ! too bad you're too young to play it. smirk
Posted By: ohfuk Re: 2002 Election Results - 11/07/02 11:43 PM
apperently my state (VA) didnt have a democrat running, the results were a little one sided. funny thing is, i didnt even know who was running till i just checked the results. looks like republicans are takeing over. heh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: 2002 Election Results - 11/08/02 01:09 AM
Lol, the guy i lost by lost by 3%, 3% of the people voted for a guy they new were going to loose, so they went and [censored] it up...
© UGN Security Forum