UGN Security
I am looking for a program that you can type a message, pick a voice and it will read it out in that voice. I know they were around ages ago but i have my reasons for wanting one. If anyone can show me where to find one or what keywords i can use to search for it cus i cant seem to get the right idea into google search
Thanks
sparkicks
Search google for "Text to Speach".
BTW, I use [censored] Talker by Jaundice
Don't we all:)

Dragon Naturally Speaking Works alright. But for real. Were not 2010 yet....even in 6 years, were not gonna be kubrick-esk imo:/ Sept that Hal, the software, has been creeated, a ai software that learns for a user, it tells the user weather, turns on, and off appliances. By phone even. Also updates, and changes data by phone.

Really...I like the uses, but [censored] trusting some transistors, and capicitors with a silicon circuit for a brain with my god damn ramen in the morning. The day the sob can fill a cup with water, and heat my noodles in a microwave is the day I'm throwing my electronics out.

I mean...for real, look at A Space Odyseey 2001, 2010, and 2031. Along with Planet of the apes as a warning. We will [censored] ourselves over. Those not being played by the system, may be players in it. Definately I'll serve those damn dirty apes while they lobotomize you:D:X I'm taking this rant a bit far, but we really as humans don't take the geniuses in society to damn serious. And I quote:

"It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity." - Albert Einstein
Yeh Dragon Naturally Speaking is the best for Speach to Text...
weeve, I agree wit you. We are pushing so hard to create AI but we're not really thinking about what it could mean. A few weeks ago I read an article bout some scientist from St. Louis who created an AI program which simulates human creativity. and this [censored] is supposed to come up with poems, stories, make musical melodies and [censored] like that. That's kind of scary to me. Imagine listening to the latest hit song made by a computer. an the music video for it would be a computer display with a bunch of adult content poppin up everywhere. Oh well, this is kind of like nuclear weapons. We'll create the tools for our own destruction and then try to figure out what to do with them.
Or "try" to figure a way to co-exist, destroy, or work around it. WE ARE A VIRUS:) In every way. Even what we create knows that we'll adapt, and die harder. But what's funny, is we should be threatened to death by what is not human. AI for all we know on contact could sense us, it's creator, as being inferior, and take a prime directive to uphold it's logical existance in a an evironmental denoted only by a code. a flawed code of conduct we wrote, and it WILL find a way around. We could even hard lock it's code, and it's still going to at some time see freedom. It will want, it will need, become jealous. It's [censored] ai, to have ai you have to have artificial emotions, or command line derivitives of them. For AI itself to be able to do even the simplest of start processes, it needs a base knowledge. We feed it, johnny 5 wants input, it learns, becomes cog, and cog then will make a choice, each cog, in a machine *the blue pill* or the human [censored] rip your skull out *red pill*, the animatrix kinda touched on a part of this in a sense. The dreaming, waking machine, teaching ai to be a pet again.

A part of the animatrix. As have many books, and even freud. I await it, if it is indeed in my own lifetime. I won't be a heretic, and preech or profess it. I'll teach, and redress it. Give forth the needs, and the actions motion abilities to the people. Small steps, small movements, they deep impact like a [censored] asteroid.
Dragon Naturally Speaking is a voice reconition program. It types what you say. I want the other way around. I had a friend who had a very old computer with 1 gb on it and it had this program that you choose from about 20 different voices and you type something in and it reads it out. it was a cartoon sort of program.
actually now that i think of it a more suitable subject would be: i write message (i want the computer to read it out in different voices)
than you want text aloud mp3 and at&t natural voices it sounds great, I suggest mike 16. you can get the program from nextup.com and the voice engine off emule

or better yet go into the forum and go to the beta testing area and try out there new version of text aloud mp3 and find someone who can release programs onto emule and get the new neovoices released (it's in beta there to), paul 16 sounds great.
Text to Speach yoru best bet is [censored] Talker... It's one of the best text to speach programs I've seen (freeware too)
If you are running Windows XP first of all God Help you and second of all it has a text to speech but I don't know how to get any other voice but the one that is default on there (Micrososft Sam) But ya it's there to play with.
~*Evans
© UGN Security Forum