UGN Security
Posted By: Chem I Just made an Xbox Controller Adapter - 03/17/05 01:27 AM
Sure, there's plenty of guides out there on how to make an adapter, but they all involve splicing a usb cable and cutting open an xbox controller cord.
Very Lame.

I needed a controller, and my friend left his xbox at my house to mod for him (a few months ago.. heh).

Since the xbox isn't officially mine, I thought it would be pretty mean to cut open the controller cable to make an adapter.. So I got creative.

leaving the controller as it is, I opened up the xbox and tapped directly into the xbox's controller board. I extended the wires connecting controller port #4 and they all connected easily the computer case's front panel USB ribbon, which was about two feet long.

I fed the ribbon through a rear PCI slot and connected the ribbon directly into my mobo, and windows detected the controller by itself, I installed some third party drivers and everything's snazzy. cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IT WORKS!!

[Linked Image]

And I also have a powerful vibrator....
[Linked Image]

yay.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: I Just made an Xbox Controller Adapter - 03/17/05 04:49 AM
Well if that Xbox is cluttering ur stuff Gizmo would love another one wink
Posted By: avalon Re: I Just made an Xbox Controller Adapter - 03/17/05 04:09 PM
I took an old nintendo controler and used a mod from http://www.hackaday.com so that i could plug it into a usb port and use it with my emulator. There is a bunch of x-box hack on that site as well its worth checking out.
© UGN Security Forum