UGN Security
Posted By: Artic Warrior Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 11:17 AM
Can we have a option to add in our gmail accounts. The others all seem to focus on chat programs?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Artic Warrior:
Can we have a option to add in our gmail accounts. The others all seem to focus on chat programs?
why?
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 02:56 PM
For instance, when I look at your profile I see only ID's for chat programs. What about those that dont use the chat programs?

...I guess we could just pm each other and ask for an alternative email addy instead of having the option.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Artic Warrior:
I guess we could just pm each other and ask for an alternative email addy instead of having the option.
Exactly... If you take the time to poke around the site you'll find no real place to post an email address for public display (with the exception of allowing your profile to display an MSN or EMail address); there is a HUGE reason for this...

Search Engine's can crawl email addresses on any site, even "bad spiders" (spambots) can crawl sites just as easy as you can browse a site (in fact they can tear at every page on a site within a 1-5 minute period and snatch every email address); but not allowing the public (non-registered viewing anyway) of email addresses we're doing our part to help cease any activities these bots can do to your precious email space wink
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 05:02 PM
you can always post your e-mail address in your signature if you really want to. laugh
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Profile page-gmail- - 09/07/05 06:03 PM
Oh I see. Thumbs up to you Giz, I didn't know about the activites these Spambots got up too.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Profile page-gmail- - 10/21/05 06:15 AM
You can fool most spam bots with

[email protected]

the -no_span- a human can figure to take out and is placed in on the fly by Perl. A bot would have to be coded for it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Profile page-gmail- - 10/21/05 06:18 AM
lol, it woudlnt' be hard to add a function to a spambot for that and most others; it's really quite sad hehe...
© UGN Security Forum