UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Plans for UGN Security - 07/31/05 10:35 PM
Well, I keep talking about differant updates that will be applied at "a later date" and I've been asked to go into some detail on what will be done; I figure I'll start a little list...

2005/2006: PHP/XHTML/CSS Update - We're working on cleaning up the PHP code as well as making all portions of the site validate for XHTML Transisional and CSS. The PHP side of things will include the bulletin board and various scripts that need to be rewritten.

2006/2007: Mobile Compatibility - We're planning on making portions of the site (news only at first) capable of being read on mobile devices (cellphones, PDA's, anything with a "small screen" display). We're currently looking at the AvantGo standards for how to lay out differant items.

If anyone has any input of anything they would like to see, please feel free to post a comment to this blurb.

And yes, I eventually do plan on doing something with the "Newbie" link on the main page...
Posted By: EndGame Re: Plans for UGN Security - 08/01/05 02:25 PM
i take it uv started getting back into regular sleeping patterns since the arrival of trey? :p

awesome, im just stoked with being able to browse throught the site via a mobile phone!

(will be able to log on as members and post articles from our phones or is it purely browsing and read only?)
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Plans for UGN Security - 08/01/05 10:12 PM
No, not yet lol.. I'm up in the daytime now (at least today) so that could be construed as regular lol...

The UGN.Mobile would be only for news stories (reading)
© UGN Security Forum