UGN Security
The European Union feels that the private sector should share control of the Internet with governments. This no doubt will be met with strong objections from the United States. A senior U.S. official warned that the U.S. will be ultimate authority.

Martin Selmayr, speaking for the EU, said that a new climate of sharing was important "because the Internet is a global resource." "The EU ... is very firm on this position," he added.

The U.S. has historically had ultimate authority over the Internet's master directories since they developed the Internet as a Pentagon project and funded it. Some countries are upset that the U.S. and EU have most of the Internet addresses.

Source
[censored]....YOU.... I couldnt help that I was a little out of it when we were working for BoostMobile and gave the wrong closeing of "And thank you for calling samantha.com". So BITE ME!

And Gizmo is right. If they want a domain then buy the [censored]. If they have an issue with me owning my 2 domains then they can go [censored] themselves. Domains are a matter of first come first served. And if they dont like sloppy seconds then come up with a better name that isnt taken. k thanks.
Comeon, I want fu.ck, but since i don't live in .ck I can't register the "country specific" url because it's taken, you don't see me whining that I couldn't have i.like.to.fu.ck yet these bastards whine that we snagged 'em first and have been paying/using them for years...

Bitches.
I think they are referring to content censorship, not domain ownership. As it stands, any .com website has to follow US regulations, and the EU is pissed about that...
Quote:
Originally posted by shadow516:
I think they are referring to content censorship, not domain ownership.
That woudln't have anything to do with "Internet addresses" which is the point of mine (our) responses.
© UGN Security Forum