UGN Security
Posted By: Digital Geek SpreadFirefox.com Site Hacked - 07/17/05 06:20 PM
Mozilla site SpreadFirefox.com was hacked recently; this from EWeek.com:

"The Mozilla Foundation marketing site SpreadFirefox.com, which is designed to promote adoption of Firefox, was hacked over the weekend, officials said in an e-mail sent to users on Friday. Attackers exploited a security vulnerability and potentially accessed personal information of the site's registered users. The breach was not discovered until July 12, and the Web site was subsequently taken offline.

"It doesn't look like the attacker accessed any personal data on the site, but to be safe, we're encouraging all of our users to log in and change their passwords," read a notice posted by Mozilla engineer Asa Dotzler.

For pete's sake. Don't these hackers have something better to do than to break into sites and wreak havoc? Somebody's been eating too many moron sandwiches.

SOURCE
Posted By: WILLIAM BOARD Re: SpreadFirefox.com Site Hacked - 07/29/06 11:21 PM
I most say I hate Firefox so if someone whated to hack information from the site good for them. People should not be held back from just wondering how BIG BROTHER controles everything on the net. I firewall everything and still know that I am not safe. People should get use to these Hackers, and give free access to this information instead of trying to lock it down.

I know I used to Hack myself just have to look on the other hand sometimes.
© UGN Security Forum