UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× PlayStation 3 Gets European Launch Date - 01/29/07 05:28 PM
Sony has announced the their latest console, the PlayStation 3, will be launched across Europe, in Australia, New Zealand, Africa and in the Middle East on the 23rd of March this year.

The console was delayed in these countries, allegedly due to problems with the Blu-Ray technology the PS3 is equipped with. So far, the console's Japan shipments are at 2 million units, two weeks behind initial targets set by the company at release.

The more expensive, 60GB PS3 is the only console that will be released on the new markets, costing �599, 445 Pounds, AU$999.95, or NZ$1,199.95. The cheaper, lower-end 20GB console may be released later in the year, depending on demand.

Source
Posted By: Gremelin Re: PlayStation 3 Gets European Launch Date - 01/29/07 07:39 PM
I need to look into how "difficult" it would be to "upgrade" the ps3 hard disk... I plan to buy one, but it's not like it's hard to find a 300gb hard disk for $120 or so lol
they probably have a proprietary connector or cable. The old X-box had one. However you could find manufactures of it. I found 3 I think.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: PlayStation 3 Gets European Launch Date - 01/29/07 08:35 PM
haha, who cares about prepriatary, unless they're making their own hard drives I should be able to take the old one out, use clonedisk to copy the files to a new drive, then insert the new disk
yes, but if the hardware you have has 32 pins and the PS3 has on 16 then what are you going to do. You will need an adapter. Unless you are billy bad [censored] and can re-build the needed input outputs yourself.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: PlayStation 3 Gets European Launch Date - 01/29/07 09:05 PM
I am that badass wink...

Seriously though, they use standard hard disks, my question was do they have failsafe's like the old CATV boxes which nerf yoru ability to use it once it's opened; or is it locked down with some odd torque bit... etc...
© UGN Security Forum