UGN Security
Posted By: servo system ip changing program - 02/18/04 12:23 PM
does anybody know of a good ip changing program out there that iether puts out a fack ip address and or changes it every so often?
Posted By: Infinite Re: ip changing program - 02/18/04 02:10 PM
No such thing.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that was a piss poor answer. Totally true, but piss poor.

First off, you need to learn what an IP address is, and then you will see why.

Read this:
http://support.wrq.com/tutorials/tutorial.html

And then this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q169289

Don't worry about the technical stuff, just try to understand the concepts on those pages. Then when you're done come back and ask some more questions (because you will have some smile )

Infinite
Posted By: §intå× Re: ip changing program - 02/18/04 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by servo system:
does anybody know of a good ip changing program out there that iether puts out a fack ip address and or changes it every so often?
Welllll there is no ip changing program per say... But there is something called IP spoofing. You can do it too. After say 2 years of study in how IP addresses work, browsers, http, ftp, smtp, pop3, and the list goes on. In the mean time you can hide or mask yoour IP several different ways. Do as Infinite says and read the content on those links. That will give you a base.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ip changing program - 02/18/04 09:20 PM
There is a program called Stealthier which takes a list of proxies and randomates them for every request... It's about as close to an ip changin program as you're ever going to get...
Posted By: dancing_galaxy Re: ip changing program - 02/19/04 05:44 AM
In my opinion, the best way to change your ip address, is to do ip chaining (connecting to multiple hosts, proxies, wingates), but to do it effectively, you should make a program, that checks every host, and adds new to the chain, hmmm..interesting.

Cheers
Dancing_GalaxY
Posted By: Gollum Re: ip changing program - 02/19/04 05:56 AM
steganos internet anonym pro does it too. changes the proxy like, once a second. for web browsing anyway.//
Posted By: Shinobi Re: ip changing program - 02/19/04 07:26 AM
Connecting through proxys is the only way to "change" your ip address. Though it doesn't truly change YOUR ip, it does change the IP that thesite sees. Steganos does do this well.

The problem with spoofing your ip address is that you get no information back. Because it is sending it to the spoofed IP address. This method is most commonly used in DoS attacks. Because its use is very limited.
Posted By: weeve Re: ip changing program - 02/21/04 06:46 AM
it's that old windows spoof urban legen from back in the day when people spoofed in linux. Heh the windows uses then always wanted to spoof, and all of the windows c/vb coders tried their hardest to code a program to copy it. But humpty dumpty was never a egg. Heh. In short the question was piss poor like syntax said heh, thus any answers may be wasted till learning is done. Ip Fakers lol. Proxying, and ip chaining from a spoof topic. This used to be a big one, like how to hack your ex's hotmail account, and where to find cc's. LoL
Posted By: ? Re: ip changing program - 04/01/04 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by weeve:
This used to be a big one, like how to hack your ex's hotmail account, and where to find cc's. LoL
How to hack you ex's Hotmail: setup a webserver on ur computer, send them an email with a link to the server, wait for them to click the link, read the log, copy the url from which they came into ur browser and hit Enter.

Where to find CCs: Go to ur local ghetto, buy a gun, put one of ur momma's stockings over ur head and stick people up for their CCs. make sure to tie them to a tree and cut of their fingers so they can't call the bank and cancel their account.
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: ip changing program - 04/01/04 06:06 PM
If I connect to internet via a university network proxy server then would it be wise to use steganos or would it screw things up and then I wont be able to access the internet?
Posted By: jonconley Re: ip changing program - 04/02/04 08:00 AM
Depending on what you are doing, always test your proxy and remember not all proxies are anonymous and they could also be logging your connections. So while you may be making it a bit trickier, if your doing something wrong and think a proxy will protect you, it won't. Well, not very well.
Posted By: weeve Re: ip changing program - 04/02/04 09:41 AM
anonymizer is l33t for that:D l33t...lol

"?" threw me off:) making me laugh to hard heh, all yea, were talking about spoofing here. I think your best bet would be mac address stealing, and multi proxy use. Chain them, like remote bouncing. The farther on ip range sets, and country wise. Both, the better. Yet, today, if your doing STUPID [censored], the real kind, have 500+ behind you, unless you have something auto sweeping, and cleaning logs/caches on a deep level your gonna get into trouble.

Jon basically said that. There's alot of ways to fraud an address, or hide. But if your wanting to be found, by doing stupid [censored], it's not gonna be hard. Esp for the skilled. If you are doing something wrong, like jon said. You should be on like a coupler on a payphone dialed up to an accout that's not yours, remote bouncing through about 50 shells, 3-10 internal terminals, and then out through 10-20 proxies/botnet parts. But then, unless you pick high end connections, it's gonna take like a minute for about 50-200k to tranfer:D Quick in, out. Though there are many ways to even the weight of connection strength, and anonymity so as to procure effects.

Either way I neither suggest, nor does ugn you follow said info, or attempt to hold anyone of this site responsible for your actions. As they are your own, and this is just for informational purposes.
Posted By: ? Re: ip changing program - 04/03/04 02:24 PM
if I was to do something rite now I would jus use a hotspot or jack somebody's AP. I mean, they might be able to trace it quick but unless you go somewhere that has cameras it's pretty safe. but then again, we're all a little paranoid here. law enforcement agencies only solve haking cases if:

1. the hacker was very stupid
2. the hacker went on IRC an bragged about it
3. there is a lot of media attention about it
4. the hacker defaces a website and his hacking name is his real name (jonconley)
Posted By: jonconley Re: ip changing program - 04/04/04 06:09 AM
Good thing I don't do anything as malicious and pointless as website defacement smile

And you may be correct about "General Law Enforcement", but you should probably do a search and read up on some hackers and how their were caught w/ the help of corporations themselves and the government.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ip changing program - 04/04/04 09:39 AM
Yeh, JC would be [censored]... Look at my nick though, search google, come find me...

Edit By Ian
Posted By: Spyrios Re: ip changing program - 04/04/04 10:30 AM
simp gizmo "underground". tag you're it. you are #1.
Posted By: Spyrios Re: ip changing program - 04/04/04 10:33 AM
ok i know juat searching gizmo brings up alot of crap but iif a person was searchin for you they (looking at probability would know UGN) would know at leat basic googling.

i'm drunk BTW so fdorgive me for errors cause i can barely read my screen.
Posted By: Stone Wolf Re: ip changing program - 04/26/04 04:20 PM
Switch to DHCP.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ip changing program - 04/26/04 05:09 PM
Lol, DHCP won't help anything you [censored] idiot...

DHCP will set your computer to obtain an ip address automatically from your ISP; some use dynamic IP's but in any case your ISP does keep logs.

He wants to HIDE himself, aka use a proxy.

BTW, look at dates; you're bringing up topics that have been solved for some time and it's getting annoying.
Posted By: Steven_VS_Cat Re: ip changing program - 02/11/07 05:01 AM
You can try this
http://www.privacyconnector.com
It uses VPN solution.
It encrypts all your outgoing traffic and make you surf Internet anonymously. But their speed is not fast...
© UGN Security Forum