UGN Security
Posted By: Norsca nbtstat question - 02/09/03 09:30 AM
maybe this is somehow related to my other problem with NetBIOS, but i also can not get the stats from IP address' that I KNOW exist. It always come back as "Host not found." Any ideas as to what might be causing this? One thing that does come to my mind is the blank "Scope ID" section that follows the IP address that I type in, I have no idea what this is for either, so any help, or direction towards other information sources would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: nbtstat question - 02/09/03 04:02 PM
Your troubles with nbtstat is most probably the same troubles you're having with IP tools. In IP tools you'll get a 'command timed out' error, and in nbtstat you get a 'host not found'. All that means is that when you sent the request for information, the remote computer did not respond. I gave you four possible reasons this may happen in the other post.

As for scope ID. If it was set to something other than blank, then you'd have reason to worry. Scope ID is a means of having a group of computers only communicate with each other. If 2 computers have different scope's, then they are invisible to each other. It is not set in nbtstat, but rather your TCP/IP configuration settings.
© UGN Security Forum