UGN Security
Posted By: Dreadlord Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 09:06 AM
Is there a bruteforce Telnet username and password cracker?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 09:12 AM
Telnet is a client to connect to differant ports (commonly telnet) on remote machines to read/move data.

You'd have to be more specific about what version the remote server is running, how the fields show, timeout, etc...
Posted By: §intå× Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 09:36 AM
Quote:
I hate you!
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 10:20 PM
@ sin_tax: I hate god, and?

@ Gizmo: I will provide you the infos, if you let me know how to get 'em smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 10:33 PM
I'm god, you're a newb, get it right...

Lol, you'll provide me with the information 'eh? Perhaps you should learn English before you attempt to "hack"...
Posted By: sinetific Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/20/03 10:38 PM
look up different telnetds, is it a *nix or windows machine, find out the OS and the default version of the telnet server deamon there running. Then you probably have some testing you need to do on it to figure out what kind of security it has, I think default is after three failed attempts it will close the session. Im not positive about this though. Administrators can set up there security policies how ever they want, for example to refuse connections from an address after and most login attempts are logged. There is some basics to get you started on writing one.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 12:15 AM
I could code you one for a price...
Posted By: Crime Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 12:23 AM
what happened to helping people ?
Posted By: pergesu Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 12:28 AM
I would be helping. For a price
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 12:35 AM
Oh, i'm all up for helping, but if their being a moron their not worth my time, unless I'm being paid that is...
Posted By: Crime Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 03:17 AM
you could at least give him tips on how to make it himself

pimp
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 04:51 AM
wow, crime protecting newbs from flames.

But yeah, make your own telnet brute forcer. Break out that fortran you said you knew how to use, and get crackin.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/21/03 05:18 AM
Quote:
Break out that fortran you said you knew how to use, and get crackin.
Have any samples of past fortran coding? I would like to see what you can do.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 02/22/03 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: vendicate Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/05/03 04:46 AM
Dreadlord (such a scary name) since no one will help you I will sacrifice my time to tell you about a tool that does exactly what you are asking for. But the bad part is that you probably wont know how to use it properly.

The name of this wonderful tool is Vlad.

"VLAD the Scanner is an open-source security scanner that checks for the SANS Top Ten security vulnerabilities commonly found to be the source of a system compromise. It has been tested on Linux, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD. It requires several Perl modules to run."
By the people who made Vlad laugh
Posted By: Gollum Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/05/03 06:09 AM
it's ok, nobody has to mention brutus. i know it's all good to write your own adn stuff...but he asked a simple question, he can get a simple answer. brutus aet2. but dreadlord, you should know what it's doing anyway, otherwise when you try to script it for your personal use, you'll have no clue what you're doing.//
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/06/03 01:07 PM
well maybe I would've given him the simple answer if I had known of any telnet brute forcers. I've never used one, never had need to. Maybe "7th Sphere" is to scanners, and sam is to PWL crackers, like brutus is to telnet brute forcers, where all three are ancient as the hills but you still shouldn't just assume we all know what it is and withholding the precious info!
Posted By: Gollum Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/07/03 03:52 AM
lol, sorry...but i figured it was pretty popular. i think someone b4 had a post about the same thing...but after doing a quick search just now i find nothing, so it was probably all in my head. anyway SR, i was pretty sure you knew about everything anyway =P and gizmo...you and gizmo. and some other ppl too. and charlie from charlie's angels...he knows a lot too. but not bosley...nobody liked bosley. ah, where was i? ah yes, brutus aet2 tends to be a decent brute forcer, although, i'm sure there are some better ones out there...or you could write your own which would be much much better...but oh well.//
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/07/03 04:43 AM
The only reason I seem to know everything is cause I almost never have to ask questions (cause I look up the answers), and answer many questions (to show off), and don't open my mouth concerning subjects I know nothing about (the secret sauce).
Posted By: hackman Re: Telnet bruteforce? - 07/19/03 03:40 AM
im really ineterested about telnet can you tell me how to use it or give me some links about it
© UGN Security Forum