UGN Security
Posted By: Moffesto changing an executable - 07/22/02 07:56 PM
Anyone know how to make an executable look like a sound or image file? Like if i wanted to turn the subseven server to a image file and pose as a [censored] in a chat and send it to the victim and run it and execute wink
Posted By: SilentRage Re: changing an executable - 07/22/02 08:37 PM
well, you chose a particularly useless application for it, but there is utility out there somewhere which can replace the icon within an executeable. Then rename it to .jpg.exe or something.
Posted By: dashocker Re: changing an executable - 07/22/02 08:56 PM
w0w, what a totally unoriginal and lame idea. anyway, i think u would just have to change the logo using the properties tab to whatever-image- format-u-want logo, they are all located in windows somewhere, just look around. on the extension, i know that if u have certain kind of file windows will hide the extension. like .vbs can be hidden by changing to file.jpg.vbs, but i dont know if it can be applied to .exe or if it works with XP or NT versions of windows.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: changing an executable - 07/23/02 12:16 AM
I think the utility is called resource hacker.
Posted By: Curse Re: changing an executable - 07/23/02 02:08 AM
I use Resource Hacker for all of my Lamer needs...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: changing an executable - 07/23/02 06:51 AM
i am totally going to get that, i have alot of unhacked resources that i need hacking. also, i heard that the new version of subseven let's you pose it as whatever, and let's you give fake errors when you run it, like "Unexpected end of image"
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: changing an executable - 07/23/02 08:25 AM
yeah, it says fake error messages, you can simply binds files with the server to send it to people, umm have it email you their ip's when they log on and i duno too much to explain.

/me wonders how i know this, like curse said for all lamer needs well i used to use it in those days when i had nothing better to do, wich was a month ago heh but i gave that up. :p

hah i typed all the stuff above this message with that damn flash window that pops up! damn im just gonna ignore it from now on.
© UGN Security Forum