UGN Security
Posted By: crazywire Just started today - 05/26/03 10:33 AM
Today is my first day and I need all the info on how a beginning hacker starts. The software I need and the things I need to know. I already read "The ultimate beginners guide to hacking and phreaking" by revelation. Any other helpful info pleased send it to me, because I want to become the ultimate hacker I know I can and will become.
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Just started today - 05/26/03 11:19 AM
How about this :
Everything a hacker needs to know, about getting busted by the feds.

Quote:
"Keep hacking. And, if possible, work on those sensitive .gov sites. That way they can hang an espionage rap on you. That will carry about 12 to 18 years for a first time offender."
Regards,
DG.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Just started today - 05/26/03 03:32 PM
Here's the deal. If you're just starting today you can expect the next two years of your life to be taken up learning the very basics. After you have that basic understanding you'll prolly be writing some simple programs and working on a couple certifications. So say about another two years to get yourself through the intermediate stages. Then about 4 years down the road you should be in a position where you can really start taking things apart and seeing how they work. You will start to see how you can manipulate the software around you and make it do what you want. You will know how the internet's various protocols operate and how to use that to your advantage. So then afer a year of really knowing what's going on you might just maybe, and I mean MAYBE, be able to call yourself a hacker.

So 5 years of hard, dedicated learning. That is what you can seriously expect if you want to do this.

And let me give you you're fisrt little bit of info with regards to the web, specifically bulliten boards.

When there is a topic that deals with the exact same thing that you want to talk about you do not start a new topic, you continue that topic. If you look, you'll see a topic started by thebouncer that is one word off the title of this topic. Post what you want in there instead of opening a brand new topic. And now I'm gonna go tell you to read that topic. There have already been a bunch of suggestions made for someone who asked the exact same question.

Infinite
Posted By: crazywire Re: Just started today - 05/27/03 03:48 AM
I have just downloaded my A-dial and on this program you can only chose com1 or com2 and I only have a com3 activated. and I have any # to start or end with so please help me buy guiding me throught this you know I am new to this and I don't have the slightest clue where or how to start
Posted By: pergesu Re: Just started today - 05/27/03 04:15 AM
You don't need to be dealing with that stuff yet. Read this post, and all the suggestions: http://www.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000283
© UGN Security Forum