UGN Security
Posted By: Asteos Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 10/31/02 09:42 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/31/rapper.slain/index.html

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chem Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/11/02 09:57 PM
finaly..
Posted By: Curse Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/12/02 07:00 AM
Chem, I'll buy the liquor, you get the ballons, the confetti, and whatever other decorations we'll need...
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/12/02 07:16 PM
i always hated him anyway !!!
r u guyz [censored] crazy!!!!!!?????? its run-dmc the inventors of hip-hop!!!how can u not feel at least a lil bit sad?
Posted By: jonconley Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/12/02 11:22 PM
It is just another person that dies. It is like the Aaliyah thing. Who cares, how hard is it to replace/find another black young female hiphop singer. Damn I couldn't tell difference btwn her and like 10 other singers that were popular. Atleast it is easier now.

JMJ served his purpose in life. I only knew him publicly and he didn't have much left to give publicly, so no loss here.

I think people have to realize that this happens. I realize sometimes the deaths are unfortunate but oh well. The worst thing I see from some deaths is a waste of yet unexhausted talent. People that fame has yet to suck the life out of them and throw them away. How do they dare die before we are done with them

/me shrugs
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 12:17 AM
i feal it bently. its sad, but im fealing all the pain right now...just one of those days/weeks. ;(
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 03:03 AM
to bad, i have to agree with jonconley though, i didn't know him personally, no reason to let it ruin my day.
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 07:20 PM
before everyone loved em here but i thought they sucked, never liked their music=(
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 08:01 PM
hahaha.. who cares.. jon is right..

if someone more "important" would've died i would've be a bit sad maybe. Like Aaliyah, i was sad about her because i liked her music.

anyway, RIP
Posted By: sinetific Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 08:29 PM
run-dmc has been at the best parties and concerts i've ever been to. The rocked the tiebetan freedom festival like non other. Ive never seen the entire side of a mountian all jumping in unisen to the same beat. They were amaazing performers and could really move a crowd. Not to mention they were responsible for bringing rap into the mainstream. If it wasnt for there collaboration with aerosmith that brought rap into the livingrooms of white america, (heh i think i took that from the VH1 special) most people wouldnt have ever heard of it.
He was a pioneer for his culture. That alone should be give him some respect. Not to mention the only hip-hop group to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.
I dont mourn him, I never knew him. But his accomplishments earned him my respect.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/13/02 10:16 PM
"if someone more "important" would've died i would've be a bit sad maybe. Like Aaliyah, i was sad about her because i liked her music. "

umm, i would have to say jam master jay is more important than aaliyah, she died before she hit her prime.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/14/02 05:34 AM
I see Run DMC as one of the non-violent pioneers of the old-school hip-hop (which is why I was suprised to hear of this) I was listening to music news when I woke up and this was the first thing I heard. Run DMC was definitly more cultural about rap than say, Jay Z's "Money Aint A Thang" and Cash Money's "Bl|nG bLAnG." I'm not a big fan of old school rap (Although I love most post old-school stuff -e.i. Tupac, Bone, Cypress Hill, Digital Underground etc) I posted this here because it seemed to be big news in my school. I'm more of a alternative/metal/progressive rock freak myself ... I'm wierd like that.
but yeah, DMC ... good guys.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/14/02 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BackSlash:
"if someone more "important" would've died i would've be a bit sad maybe. Like Aaliyah, i was sad about her because i liked her music. "

umm, i would have to say jam master jay is more important than aaliyah, she died before she hit her prime.
Well BS i'm talking about myself you know, my opinion, for me she was better then him. Btw Asteos, if we're talking about Gangsta RAP then you really shouldn't compare Run DMC with Cash Money, coz they're much much better. And oh please.. lets not talk about 2pac.

bp
Posted By: Asteos Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/15/02 03:57 AM
There's some good poetry out there by Tupac! b^p, I hope you mean DMC is better than cash money, and not vice versa, that would make me very sad. The fact is RUN DMC was non-gangsta rap yet one of their members died a violent death. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/15/02 08:26 AM
Asteos, for me Tupac was and will remain the best of the best. I like CASH MONEY more than Run-DMC and i'm sorry if that makes you sad. You're right about the fact that DMC wasn't Gangsta-rap and that's why maybe we can't compare these two groups. But hell yeah cash-money is [censored] great.
But still i'll stick to the king - Tupac -

Live by the Gun , Die by the Gun

bp
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/16/02 12:15 AM
ha ha ha ha

Tupac, Jay Z, Biggie, LL Cool J, Vanilla ICE,

All suck Run DMC's penix's. Before you argue think about it. They pioneered the [censored] before it was cool. Before the rulles were in place. Before big money could be made. They of course whated to make it big, but the chances back then....

They were not followers is what I'm saying to the kids. When they hit the sceen they had to invent it. To say these other guys who came along later and used thier formula and made it are better only proves how young you are.

They were one of the first handful to make rap popular.

They were the first to mix it with rock. Sooooo

Limp bisquet
Lincon Park
Marilyn Manson
basicaly all popular New Mettal bands suck thier penix as well

The set the hard core lok and attitude for hip hop

They set the look of gold chains

Think about it everyone else just rides thier nuts.

They were in [censored] up to their eyes when rap was said to just be a fad. Many an artist begged them to work with them.

They were wearing addias jump suits when many of you were just a stain in your mothers drawers.

aaliyah?

Please!

Wow another chick who sings about a love she has never known or has time for in the highest voice possible, using a formula passed down for decades now. Yea I guess you don't see that everyday. Wait, yes you do.

We are talking about people who had the balls to go against the grain and made something happen. We are talking about people who helped kill disco, and bring change to a stale music industry. A change that is still felt decades later. We are talking about some of the first people to "Scratch" a record and use it as an instument. We are talking about people who had the balls to do what most of you would have gave up on first time it got tough.

We are also talking about the people who influenced most moder music you listen to. So before you put the man down think about how much of the music you listen to can be traced back to what they started.

As I pointed out even Rock has D.J's and samples [censored] now. They proved Rap and Rock mix well. Areosmith was falling apart when RUN-DMC did walk this way with them. Touring and drugs almost destoryed them.

RUN-DMC put new life in them. Oh and if you like Kid Rock, he admitedly is on thier nutz.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/16/02 04:02 AM
Like I said before, I like progressive rock. CKy, HIM, Rustic Overtones (aka paranoid social club) and Jeremaiah Freed, bnoth bands from my hometown. I'm pretty sure none of them are riding DMC's scrotum ... you do have a point on modern rappers, though. *cough*Ca$h Money :p
As far as tupac, eazy-e, sn00p, all those dudes are concerned, the major difference between them and dmc was they were all gangsta rap, something dmc wasn't.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/16/02 10:19 PM
shortly learner, everyone has right to think about what he/she wants, that was my opinion, you have your opionin so please, lets not fuss.

bye bye

P.S. I'm wonderin' if heaven got a ghetto ?
my 2 cents worth: jay-z is the best rapper out there ,but hes kinda jst in it 4 da $$$.tupac is like god an cash money r cool.btw does any1 listen 2 dancehall?u kno sean-paul, beanie man, lady saw , lexxus, an all a dem?
Posted By: Asteos Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/17/02 03:51 AM
bentley I know all of those guys -- can't say that I like them either. Remind me never to take any of your opinions regarding music. :p
Posted By: jonconley Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/17/02 05:28 AM
<rant>

I just wanna make sure my eyes didn't deceive me. Did you credit RunDMC for paving the way for people like... Marilyn Manson. I don't see the relationship there at all. Limp Bizkit, Lincoln Park. If RunDMC did make them popular than I HATE THEM. They [censored] music.

As far as I know they didn't do anything but sing. Oh yeah, it rhymed, and they used alot of bass, and moved vinyl around so it made noise. Oh I forgot, didn't they make an entire nausiatingly song dedicated to how "tricky" it was to do. BTW, put some [censored] shoelaces in your shoes. I know you can afford it.

First to rap? First to sell out then too? ie duet with aerosmith. my point exactly.

I could have done without the limp bizkits of the world, the "coolness" of repeating yourself infinitely, and the wearing of bubble jackets and more gold than ft knox. They were a [censored] mockery of themselves, from day one

Thanks to RunDMC for taking rock and making it sound like annoying [censored]. Waiter... there is some rap in my rock soup. I ordered rock, and that is what I want dammit.

Maybe they started a fad, but so did vanilla ice, kriskross, hammer, 2pac, naughty by nature. THank god they had RunDMC to get them started. Hell, aren't they "the fresh prince's" biggest influence.

Hey, im sick of the [censored] badass attitude and clothing lines. It sucked when it started and it still does.

</rant>

I don't hate them, I just don't give a [censored] about them
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/21/02 09:30 PM
hey jon why don't you post this on the UGN Rants page, we really need some fresh article there..
Posted By: jonconley Re: Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC Murdered - 11/21/02 11:20 PM
If I did, someone would say there is already a thread here and move/delete it smile Anyways, there are alot of angry ppl on UGN, I am sure someone with think of something to post there. If I get some spare time and a hair up my [censored], I will [censored] about something. I am sure everyone is so execited to hear that 8-p
© UGN Security Forum