UGN Security
Posted By: Crime Newbies Tend to stay newbies, studies find - 09/29/02 10:27 PM
No Clue, Studies Find
They're blind to own failings, others' skills

There are many incompetent people in the world. Dr. David A. Dunning is haunted by the fear that he might be one of them.

Dunning, a professor of psychology at Cornell, worries about this because, according to his research, most incompetent people do not know that they are incompetent.

On the contrary. People who do things badly, Dunning has found in studies conducted with a graduate student, Justin Kruger, are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well.

"I began to think that there were probably lots of things that I was bad at, and I didn't know it," Dunning said.

One reason that the ignorant also tend to be the blissfully self-assured, the researchers believe, is that the skills required for competence often are the same skills necessary to recognize competence.

more at http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2000/01/18/MN73840.DTL
Haha, i am printing that out for people at my school to read.
I'm printing this out for the guy who thinks he's a better pilot than me... laugh
da, i also find this consistent with fat people. I've come to the realization that most of them don't know they are fat. So they wear tight clothes and etc. Especially girls....
It's just disgusting.
ya, fat girls think they are pretty and skinny, but skinny girls are always concerned with their weight.
holy [censored], heheh i'm printing this out for my dad, hope he'll finally understand..

P.S. BS you said that well man..
ohh yes i did didn't i, thats why the fat girls keep getting fatter and the skinny girls keep getting to skinny
lol, pure fact
HELLO ANYBODY HOME ?!?

AlienTerror you found like replying to this topic one month after it was left beside...

huh

bp
ah damnit, I thought about closing the topic cause it was old, but I kept it open in case some people wanted to remark on it, but since BP feels it's ok to start flaming people in the news forum I guess I SHOULD have closed it earlier.

Topic Closed
© UGN Security Forum