UGN Security
Posted By: Ice Hacking victim goes postal - 05/13/03 10:36 AM
As soon as I read the first Paragraph of this story I had to post it right away
==================
A Cleveland man named Biswanath Halder, who claims his Web site was destroyed by a hacker, took hostages at gunpoint on the campus of Case Western Reserve University on Friday. Tragically, the hacking victim killed a young postgraduate student at the university, Norman Wallace aged 30, and wounded two others when he fired indiscriminately in an apparent fit of rage.

Halder took over the campus business-school building and kept police at bay for seven hours until being wounded by gunfire and taken into custody.

Halder's anger centered on university employee Shawn Miller, a school computer-lab assistant Halder believed had hacked his site, thereby destroying his life. He pursued Miller, whom he described as an evil man, through the civil courts and in numerous complaints to the university president, the campus police, the Mayor of Cleveland, the FBI and even the US House and Senate Judiciary Committees, but his pleas for justice were ignored at each turn.

"The end result of all of these outright evil actions will be that society will end up paying a severe price," Halder had warned in one such communique.

Halder, like many misunderstood geniuses, was a loner and a constant victim of discrimination and malicious interference, yet he remained a tireless crusader for justice: he had been chronically unable to hold a job (his last known one was in the late 1980's) but routinely sued companies which refused to hire him. He believed he possessed the secrets to peace and prosperity for all mankind and graciously shared these nuggets of wisdom via his Web site -- until someone deleted its entire contents from his computer.

"I try to solve mankind's problems through the Internet," Halder explained in a court deposition against Miller. "In a few seconds, the evil man wiped out everything that it took my lifetime to create," he later whinged in an e-mail to school officials.

He had been living on a disability pension for some years; unfortunately, his income was inadequate to afford him psychiatric treatment.
=======
Article was found
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/30646.html
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/13/03 12:26 PM
man, who would think someone would go to such a level... just for that. I mean, i understand he would be upset, but come on!
Posted By: §intå× Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 12:12 AM
LMAO

Oh man this guys sounds like a real piece of work. The first paragraph is good, but the rest describes a real nut ball to me. He has not held a job since the 1980's but routinely sued companies which refused to hire him.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yes! it takes all kinds people, all kinds. This kind keeps life intresting. With out them we just might trust each other. What fun would that be.

I would not be surprised if Shawn Miller "The evil man" never even went to this site at all.
Posted By: sinetific Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 06:20 AM
The reall lesson is 'back-up'. Back-up your data, back-up your data, back-up your data, thats all there is to it folks.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 10:52 AM
I guess nobody bothered to tell him that it is possible to recover most, if not all of his deleted content. :x
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 12:18 PM
I do not understand how someone could get so attached to a website.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 06:52 PM
Prob the only thing to his life... It is sad but hey ha i mean umm... I'd say its to late to let him know about saving most of his data or backing up :+|
Posted By: unreal Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/14/03 10:02 PM
Yeah...that's what's wrong with you green-hat hax0rs nowadays...
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/15/03 01:46 AM
just another crazy maniac.
Posted By: Chem Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/15/03 06:59 PM
I hope google has a cache of the site, could be funny
Posted By: Crime Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/16/03 12:50 AM
woops ?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 05/19/03 01:08 AM
i saw part of it live on tv, didn't know it was about his site being hacked though, very interesting
Posted By: snakebyte Re: Hacking victim goes postal - 10/03/04 02:21 AM
LOL thats funny, its a shame a student loss his life and all. tsk tsk wutta nut. all this dude had to do was call tec support, blah blah and listen to some good music, its all good.
© UGN Security Forum