UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× RIAA Website Offline - 03/25/04 09:48 AM
The website of the Recording Industry Association of America has been down since last Wednesday and it is believed that the site was the victim of a virus attack. riaa.com was named as a "MyDoom.F" target.

RIAA spokesperson Jonathan Lamy said no more than "We are working on getting it back online." It was still offline as of yesterday. The MyDoom.F virus is programmed to activate between the 17th and 22nd of any given month.

It has not been confirmed whether the site is offline due to a DOS attack, or if the RIAA took the site down to avoid a DOS attack.

Source
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RIAA Website Offline - 03/25/04 12:57 PM
One comment... [censored] the RIAA! Yeh you heard me right, the owner of UGN Security saying [censored] you to the RIAA... The bloody greedy bastards... They could still make a proffit charging half of what they do now...

And they give this bullshit about the artists, the artists don't even get $0.50 from the sale of each cd! It costs them $0.25 to make the cd in the first place! YEh I'm sure I'm going to mark something up $19 just to abuse my power...

At least on cafepress we only mark up a few dollars to help aid in site costs smirk... But comeon, anything more than $10 is just wrong..
© UGN Security Forum