UGN Security
Posted By: Phatal Japan: Cloning Coming - 06/25/04 03:26 AM
A Japanese government panel decided to permit human embryos to be cloned for research, a controversial process that has set off international debate, media reports said.

Supporters of medical cloning say so-called therapeutic cloning studies have huge potential for treating diseases and saving lives. But the issue is contentious, and opponents fear such research could lead to the cloning of human beings.

However, news agency Kyodo said, the panel's decision will not permit cloning for basic research until proper conditions are met, for instance, the creation of a government system to evaluate research.

You can view the original article here...
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63961,00.html?tw=wn_3techhead
Posted By: Rican Havock Re: Japan: Cloning Coming - 06/25/04 11:29 PM
great i will be able to purchase a new set of Lungs an maybe a liver :-( in few decades...
personally i wouldn't mind owning a few new organs....might live longer...but then when you think about it. Is Man(in general) playing God!...
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Japan: Cloning Coming - 06/26/04 04:19 AM
if my grandfathers cancer comes backand the only way to save him is buy putting a cloned organ in him by all means do it. god built us to servive.... if those organs mean me and gizzy will live longer then put those sucks in me!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Japan: Cloning Coming - 06/26/04 04:49 AM
I say go for it, I mean we can definately use it; we'd just grow a doner... I mean you get in a wreck and you have your own clone to pick from, you know you're compatable, and you know they don't have a desiese... Safe I say..
© UGN Security Forum