UGN Security
Posted By: DecAy PBX HAcking - 09/19/03 02:08 AM
Our company�s PBX system recently got hacked. I am laughing my [censored] of because the arrogant prick who is in charge of the system just showed how big a dumb [censored] he is. He apparently left all the defaults in place. (There are no victims � only volunteers). I have heard about a lot of this going on and had thought it was probably foreign students or the like trying not to get phucked over by the phone company. (if it doesn�t cost me per minute for an internet connection that connects me overseas � why they hell does it for a phone call???)

What�s got me is that all the calls went to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, and the Philippines. (As my paranoia starts setting in). I start to think about who (in general) may be doing this. Do people hack these things then post the numbers somewhere or is it a small group doing it for other purposes? Any thoughts on this?
Posted By: unreal Re: PBX HAcking - 09/19/03 03:58 AM
If your admin wasn't such a dumbass, he would be able to find out very easily who was dialing in.
Posted By: Crime Re: PBX HAcking - 09/20/03 03:25 AM
terrorists....
Posted By: smartyhands Re: PBX HAcking - 09/23/03 02:11 AM
Not much of a hack to use the PBX defaults. I used to op PBX at ****

I agree with crime (apparently aptly named), this is not like my 900 number and free hintline exploits.

As rebellious and anarchistic as I am... you should probably report this to "the authorities". Dontcha think?

Some ashes won't birth you again, crime @B^)

lol "How can I direct your call?" oh, the memories...
© UGN Security Forum