UGN Security
Posted By: $500,000 Bentley phreaking payphones - 06/21/02 06:56 PM
is there a guaranteed way u can cheat payphones?
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: phreaking payphones - 06/21/02 07:22 PM
well im no leet phreaker but im pretty sure there is no guarenteed way to break the law and not get caught
Posted By: bor Re: phreaking payphones - 06/22/02 11:05 AM
Redboxing still works on some phones, but not many of them. Just look up the plans for making redboxes. There are enough of em out there.
Posted By: windead Re: phreaking payphones - 01/12/03 07:19 AM
Or just download the tones on to a laptop, take your laptop to the payphone and hook it up using either an accustic coupler or hook up your modem directly to the wires (usually found in the lit up part near the top of the booth) and play the tones through your modem.
Posted By: n-rop Re: phreaking payphones - 02/24/03 03:49 AM
does anybody know how to get pay phone #'s in australia
????
Posted By: Gremelin Re: phreaking payphones - 02/24/03 06:59 AM
I have a few redboxes in my office smile ...

n-rop: yeh walk down to a store and write 'em down :x... That or call your CO, they may help...
Posted By: ObiWan Re: phreaking payphones - 04/20/03 01:12 AM
In the movie WarGames (1983) with Matthew Broderick used a Dictaphone to record the tones from a key pad lock on the door. The general idea was also mentioned in the movie Hackers (1995) and many other movies, just how unrealistic is this?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: phreaking payphones - 04/20/03 01:31 AM
Wouldn't work from a padlock.

IF you're goinna be workin with a tape recorder to record [censored] it HAS to be a high quality digital recorder.

Your best bet is to find someone with a redbox.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: phreaking payphones - 04/20/03 03:59 AM
Giz is right, has to be a good spot so no background [censored] and a good recorder. Thesedays you got digital [censored]... So recorder is better, yet I dunno if that tone stuff does much these days... The laptop deal can work but that's a [censored] if you only need the laptop for that reason, if you got a new nice PDA sure can do that, however i'd say Redboxing is still good way to go.
Posted By: Chem Re: phreaking payphones - 04/21/03 11:43 PM
All the frequencies for payphones "even in Australia" are posted on numerous website�s.
just d/l a synthesizer program to create the tones.
Try goggle
Posted By: GoatDrugE Re: phreaking payphones - 10/05/03 12:39 PM
if u want to phreak a payphone download a tone genarator and read the instructions and put the tones on a tape recorder and put the tape recorder
on the part of the phone where you talk and play the tape. it should think your puting money in the phone. i dont no if this works
Posted By: unreal Re: phreaking payphones - 10/05/03 04:47 PM
shh
Posted By: Prince_MAU Re: phreaking payphones - 10/15/03 04:50 PM
does anyone actually know where to d/l a free box tone generator?
Posted By: fearENKI Re: phreaking payphones - 11/08/03 01:37 PM
yea..about a year ago me and my boys tried klike 30 diff. ways to phreak phones but it wasnt happenin...no point in trying i say
Posted By: paradox Re: phreaking payphones - 11/08/03 07:35 PM
well you and your boys obviously havent cracked one open and learned how it works wink everything can be hacked its just a matter of how hard it is to do it laugh this will always be the case no matter what
Posted By: fearENKI Re: phreaking payphones - 11/09/03 03:23 AM
your right, we hadnt....and i doubt this kid wants to either so i should say: you wont be able to do it without cracking one open and seeing how it works, then making a red box and many other tedious steps- depends how much you want it
© UGN Security Forum