UGN Security
Posted By: wormworth Eavesdropping? - 11/13/02 04:03 PM
I was recently confronted by someone I know about a topic he should have have known nothing about! The only time I talked about it was on my cellphone to someone he doesn't know. I finally got to see one of his cellphone bills and he made calls to his voicemail after i finished talking (based on the times i crossreferenced)which lasted the exact amount of time my conversations did. How is this accomplished?
Posted By: sinetific Re: Eavesdropping? - 11/13/02 06:06 PM
he stood in the room next to you and put his ear on the wall on over heard you. Most newer cell phones have encryption I know on my Ma's I can turn it on and off and its a few years old.
Posted By: jonconley Re: Eavesdropping? - 11/13/02 06:15 PM
Where you calling out or were people calling in? I do not know much about cell phones, but I know you can have numbers forwarded and also 3way calling. So maybe he got ahold of your cellphone at sometime? Also with cloning of phones(probably retrotech and doesn't apply anymore), maybe he had access to all the calls you did?

I dunno, where are the phreakers?
Posted By: Curse Re: Eavesdropping? - 11/13/02 10:32 PM
Does he have psycical access to your cell? He may have done what is called cloning... Or he may have used a radio and picked up your cell (this happend to then house minority leader Newt Gingrich). Another thing is that receivers (microphones) create electromagnetic waves, which sometimes can be picked up by an amplifier, a walkie talkie, or other devices...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Eavesdropping? - 11/14/02 02:07 AM
He cloned his way into your heart...
Posted By: jonconley Re: Eavesdropping? - 11/21/02 06:06 AM
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Eavesdropping? - 12/16/02 09:14 PM
lol taht's Mr. Phreaks speaking..
© UGN Security Forum