UGN Security
Posted By: wrinkledcheese Spoofing phone number - 06/23/07 01:16 AM
Hello everyone,

I don't know the answer to this question and since it would be something the phone company wouldn't want known by the world I thought maybe I'd ask here.

Is it possible to 'spoof' your phone number to a cell phone? Maybe a government agency has the ability to? I don't know. If you know anything let me know please.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Spoofing phone number - 06/23/07 03:22 AM
The Orange Box allows you to spoof the Caller ID readout of your number; however actually spoofing the number itself would be more trouble than it's worth.

You USED to be able to call your operator, and have them connect you to 1-800-operator and if your operator used "older" equipment you'd be prompted for your phone number; then you could have them direct you to another toll free number (such as 1800bellsouth and then have them bill to your number and place calls (being bastardly) however bellsouth no longer allows this to happen for obvious reasons.

A good opton would be to buy a callingcard; there are several services online that allow you to set your callback number (cid readout) when connecting.
© UGN Security Forum