UGN Security
Posted By: Crime Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/01/02 01:31 AM
thats right bitches, the impossiable is trying to done, people are working on a linux project for the Xbox, very much like the one for PS2 check it out, and maybe you can just help them reach their goal -
http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/01/02 01:18 PM
thats awesome, im glad to hear somethign about the xbox rather than the popular annoying ps2.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/01/02 06:05 PM
annoying ps2 huh ? well i'm sure you won't use the word ANNOYING when you hear about the PS3 processor...
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/02/02 12:38 AM
ps3 is different than ps2, thats Y i said that about the "PS2" (not the ps3). PS3 will b [censored] awesome from what ive heard.. ps2 is weak, if only xbox didnt have so many problems and far less games, it would b awesome.
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/03/02 07:38 PM
my xbox was stolen a month ago. frown
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/07/02 09:08 AM
ohfuck, sorry to hear that.

Moffesto you're right, that's what i meant.
PS3 is really gonna kick asss...
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/11/02 07:16 AM
c00 but bleh... It's the war of Xbox vs PS2... Microsoft already partly learned, if you can't beat em... join em. Xcpt they always try to throw in some of their own twisted take over the OS [censored]... But eh... It's a nice step... Very sexy deal, *nix on xbox... MMM *nix on PS2 mmm... need money... DOH!
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/12/02 01:46 AM
hKzKnight man i agree but *nix on PS2/PS3.. ya sure about that ?
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/12/02 10:50 AM
Well a *nix kit was already created for PS2... It wasn't bad, yet now we jsut have to see how Xbox compares. Either way, I like my PC holding *nix :+). Xbox is sweet though, if I was rich I would own XBOX, PS2, and newer PCs on my LAN.
Posted By: Predator Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/12/02 04:33 PM
Mandrake 9 is running on the xbox smoothly. You only need an usb keyboard and mouse (and offcourse a modded xbox). There even is a special mandrake 9 iso for the xbox.

They even have w2k running on it (trough an emulator tough)
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/12/02 04:49 PM
wow, the thing about the special madrake 9 for xbox impressed me, you know where i can read more about this ?

hKz, i'd like a PS3 hehehe.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Xbox and Linux together, who knew ? - 10/12/02 10:27 PM
d00d I want to see Xbox2 and PS3... LOL. For Xbox info... go to the xbox site prob... Someplace on a microsoft site... :+)
© UGN Security Forum