UGN Security
Posted By: Snake Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/14/02 10:48 AM
To stop 'illegal gambling' the Greek government has banned all electronic games across the country, including those that run on home computers, on game boy style portable consoles, and on mobile phones. Thousands of tourists in Greece are unknowingly facing heavy fines or long terms in prison for owning mobile phones or portable video games. Even internet cafe's can be heavily fined for any online games including online chess. This is [censored] crazy,funny enough the traditional 'deck of cards' hasent been banned. Go help these guys out by siging a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/comp5932/petition.html . Also post your opinions on this matter.

LONG LIVE GAMING!!!
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/14/02 01:44 PM
Bahahahahaha
Note to Self:NEVER GO TO GREECE
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/14/02 01:56 PM
i signed that thing and im getting all my friends too, that law is like the straw that broke the camels back if governments dont start cutting this enterainment law bs i sense revolution, cause i know if they take free music away im assassinating someone
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/14/02 02:00 PM
HOLY SHIZNIT! is greece comunist now? maybe there government leaders are on shrooms

i signed

i was reading messages left by other peoples who signed some of my favorites

takovaa blboooooooooooooooost!!!!!!!! [censored] YOU!!!__________________________________________________
Games are my life, ban them and you kill me

________my absolute favorite

Je vois pas ce que ca fait de jouer aux jeux vid�os !
Posted By: sinetific Re: Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/14/02 02:13 PM
The deck of cards hasn't been banned because its to stop "ONLINE gambling". The problem occured because the judge who wrote the law wrote it in to broad of terms in which it could be interpretted to mean game boy and such. He outlawed "video gaming". Gaming as in the sense of gambling, betting money, but gaming is to broad of a term. The judge dropped the charges against the poeple who were arrested for playing gameboy
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Video Games illegal in Greece - 09/15/02 02:15 PM
well i guess thats a little bit better but online gaming is the best way to game, against real people. And i never even heard of anyone betting on video games...
© UGN Security Forum