UGN Security
Posted By: flashburn013 Of the three new systems - 07/05/02 04:19 PM
Im gonna finally go out and buy a new system since theyre cheaper now between xbox, ps2, and gamecube which would you recommend.
Posted By: Grifter Re: Of the three new systems - 07/05/02 08:27 PM
i got PS2, and its ok, there arent many good rpgs for it cept ff series, i would say gamecube then, cause it has some protty good looking games like resident evil, i thinks they all cost like 200$ now, anyway ps2 can play dvds, and cds, and the game cube cant play anything cause it uses small [censored] discs, but anyway its protty much up to u..........oh ya if u like shooting games get xbox, cause halo is the best game!
Posted By: Paragon Re: Of the three new systems - 07/05/02 09:13 PM
PS2. Especially with that linux dev kit!
Posted By: flashburn013 Re: Of the three new systems - 07/05/02 09:25 PM
Actually some kid told me that theyre coming out with a gamecube that plays dvds nintendo and panasonic are teaming up to make it and its already out in japan.
Posted By: Predator Re: Of the three new systems - 07/06/02 09:13 AM
I doubt about that, I didn't hear anything about it. The reason why their isn't dvd playback support in the gamecube is cause the gamecube is a game console, nothing else. That's why Nintendo didn't put it in it.

So it's unlikely that they will release a new updated gamecube
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Of the three new systems - 07/06/02 03:24 PM
Go with the PSX II. I've seen the motherboard of the XBOX and well, i'd puke lol... My ex's dad designed the thing, trust me the XBOX SUX lol...
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Of the three new systems - 07/06/02 04:39 PM
Actually pred, you are wrong. The Panasonic gamecube IS already out and it DOES play DVDs as well as Japanese games. however, the price range is somewhere in the $400 - $500.
Back to the topic. What ever you do, do not get an x box, here is why. name 5 good games for the xbox. You cant. the only good games for it right now are Halo and DOA3 that's it. All the other good games like SSX Tricky and KO kings are out on other systems as well. and besides, rumor has it that by the end of the year no more Japanese developers will develop for the xbox. do I see the same fate of the Dreamcast coming to the xbox. I think so.
now, PS2 has the most games of which a lot are good. But then again, even a lot more are crap. The gamecube on the other side doesn't have that many games but that is b/c Nintendo prefers quality over quantity. and if you kept up with this years E3 then you know that Nintendo has THE BEST lineup for this fall and holiday season.
I myself own a PS2 and a Gamecube and probably will own an xbox sometime in the near future. but thats only because i work at a video game store and get discounts laugh
Posted By: flashburn013 Re: Of the three new systems - 07/06/02 05:59 PM
Yea I went to the nintendo site and they seem to have alot of high quality games that are gonna come out in the fall. So I think that Im gonna go with the gamecube. I hear resident evil has some of the best graphics ever too.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Of the three new systems - 07/06/02 09:54 PM
I'd still go with the PSXII
Posted By: Predator Re: Of the three new systems - 07/07/02 12:10 AM
Ah well, I can't always be right, but this is a big surprise to me laugh .

And I also will go for the GC, and only for one reason and you guys know it laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Of the three new systems - 07/07/02 12:51 AM
Pred: Mario?
Posted By: thebluegiant Re: Of the three new systems - 07/07/02 01:24 AM
ZELDA!
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Of the three new systems - 07/07/02 05:17 AM
/me jumps on pred and starts humping him and Zelda
you do know it wont come out till January next year right (in the US).
/me still humps pred cause there is a new Zelda coming out for the GBA in December.

completely out of the Nintendo subject, by the time dead or alive x-treme volleyball ( here you go ) is out ----> i WILL own an xbox (cant wait Blinx comes out either)
btw, xbox is coming out with a lot of platform games but blinx looks like it will be the best

Blinx: http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=73&object_id=482070&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxbox%26genre%3Dplatformviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=E3+2002%3A+Bli nx+First+Look
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Of the three new systems - 07/07/02 10:43 PM
Im getting an xbox as soon as i get the money, or maybe a gamecube... but until gamecube has dvd capabilities... xbox it is wink
Posted By: flashburn013 Re: Of the three new systems - 07/10/02 04:57 PM
Yea Zeldas gonna be sweet as hell when it comes out and same with Perfect Dark if they make one.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Of the three new systems - 07/10/02 06:05 PM
playstation 2 is the best
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Of the three new systems - 07/10/02 07:14 PM
/me agrees

PS2 would be the best choice
Posted By: Snake Re: Of the three new systems - 09/14/02 11:31 AM
I got a ps2 a few months ago, and i'd definetly choose ps2 over the rest, ive had experience with all of the consoles and ps2 comes out on top. Xbox just about ready to crash and burn, they are selling there console for less then what it takes to produce them and hoping that they can make the profit in the game selling point of view, but as CK said, there arent enough good games. Gamecube and PS2 is leading the market but PS2 is slightly ahead.

GameCube:
+ Realy neat handle on back
+ Small as memory cards, but still hold a bit
+ Add-on ports
+ Reasonable amount of games for it
+ good size
+ 4 controller ports ([censored] awsome)
+ getting support for big game developers like SquareSoft
- Cant play music Cd's
- Cant play DVD'd
- Cant play N64 games
- Most game are a bit cartoony
- Controller sucks absolute [censored]

PS2:
+ Has its own programming language (YaBASIC) Can make your own games and progs.
+ Backwards compatible with DualShock controllers and PSX games
+ Can use linux
+ Huge selection of games
+ Good size
+ Add-on ports
+ USB ports (endless uses, plugging in Keyboards, Mice, Computers, imahinations the limit)
+ Can stand verticaly
+ Optical sound out port
+ Plays DVD's
+ Plays Music CD's
+ Options Menu's for customisation
- Only 2 Controller Ports
- Can be a little noisy
- A bit Heavy
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Of the three new systems - 09/14/02 01:40 PM
It always comes down to Nintendo VS Playstation, and i always buy the nintendo, but looks like i may get enough money to buy both. The only thing i can definitley tell you is do not buy an xbox, but i heard they made/making a trigun video game for the xbox(those of you who are into anime)i might have to go rent one
© UGN Security Forum