UGN Security
Posted By: Cold Sunn Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 12:26 AM
I am curious about ways you can fix scratches on ps2 dvds. I know there is the Game Doctor, and I've heard it is great. But what about cheap fixes?

I've heard you can use toothpaste to get rid of very shallow scratches, but this isn't my game so I'm going to try it unless I know it works.

Searching on the internet all I found was GameDoctor stuff and "How To Replace your GBA Screen Face" or something.

Anyone have any ideas? The bottom is what's scratched by the way, not the label.
Posted By: Ice Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 01:58 AM
theres something on our E&B Stores that fixes scratches, Its a little wheel, U place the disk in it and u turn the handle couple of times and ot sopposly cleans the disks and gets rid of scratches

I dont know whats it called but its at Electronics Boutique ask around in the store near u
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 04:05 AM
Yeah, that's the Game Doctor, or a brand like it. They have another kind that is motorized and supposedly better since the rate is even unlike when you handcrank it. I would buy one, but EB is charging 30 bucks for them here. And I don't really own a ps2 and don't play my playstation.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 06:12 AM
There's a little trick I use on cd's, so it should by all rights work on ps2 games, even though they are dvds. As you may or may not know the actual part that has the data inprinted on it is not the bottom surface but actually the top most layer of the disc. So for finer scratches all you really need to do is buff em out. Go out to your garage and get the car wax. Apply a little and with a nice soft cloth buff the scratch right out. It works on car paint, and it works hella good on cd's.

Infinite
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 01:10 PM
That makes sense, I think i will try it. Toothpaste also made some sense, since it has abrasives in it, but i think car wax is definately a better choice. Thanks.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/24/03 08:12 PM
Ineed, both can work. Just make sure you use a rag etc to buff it. No paper towels, they can add to the scartching.
Posted By: Crime Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 02/28/03 10:08 PM
http://www.epinions.com/content_3005587588

he has a better answer ^
Posted By: Crime Re: Fixing Scratches on PS2 DVDs - 03/11/03 01:33 AM
or you could try -
http://www.bestbuy.com/Accessories/...937&cat=1502&scat=814&sort=2
© UGN Security Forum