UGN Security
Posted By: Shinobi Final Fantasy XI - 02/11/04 12:23 AM
Well I just got Final Fantasy XI about a week or 2 ago. (Yes ANOTHER FINAL FANTASY) however this one is online multiplayer only. Which made me have to check it out. I have to say that I am throughly impressed with this game. Which suprises me because I have never been a final fantasy fan at all! In this game you can be many races jobs and have subjobs, its very very fun to play. HOWEVER! The only downfall is the games price. $53 at walmart, I'm sure you could find it online for much less....But I decided I didn't want to take my chances. Also, there is a $10 a month charge for playing. You do get the 1st 30 days free so if you don't like it, you can quit and sell the game on ebay. So if anyone is thinking about this game and is ok with the charge. Then get it, and be sure to join the phoenix server so you can join me!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Final Fantasy XI - 02/11/04 02:02 AM
I'd never spend more than $5/mo for online multiplay.

BTW; look at FFX and FFX2; their tight...
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Final Fantasy XI - 02/11/04 03:03 AM
I don't mind the $10 a month that doesn't bother me, but the only reason I like this game is because its all multiplayer. Makes it really fun. Unlike diablo everyone in this game is very very cool. In diablo everyone acts like an [censored]. That is one of the things that got me with this. IF you need help, anyone around will help you out and keep you alive. Its really nice to know that the world is not filled with dickheads sometimes. Also, I'm not sure if you can play this game on dial I think it may be too slow. I know people have attempted to do it. Don't know how it turned out tho.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Final Fantasy XI - 02/11/04 04:47 AM
$10 Month * 12 Months per Year * 5 Years (how current some games stay) you've wasted $600
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Final Fantasy XI - 02/12/04 12:59 AM
I understand how much its going to be in the long run. I can multiply too, but it still remains that it is a good game. The price, some people aren't comfortable with. The ones who can do it, then they should try this game. Also its not hard to cut out $10 a month. Thats 1 day of not eating out, or 2 movies that you don't rent. Still if people aren't comfortable with the price don't get it. Its still a very good game in my opinion.
© UGN Security Forum