UGN Security
Posted By: Ghost Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 07:45 AM
I enjoy playing xbox live very much, but unfourtunatly i have moved to a very rural area in wisconsin and can not get cable or dsl in my area. Instead I am getting ISDN. I know that ISDN has a symetrical upload and download usually of 128 kbps. I know that the upload is fine but am concerned with download. When I had cable I had a download of about 1 mbps. Anyone who has ISDN or knows weather or not i can use ISDN please post an answer.
Posted By: Crime Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 08:20 AM
depends on what company you go with, some are compatiable others arent
Posted By: Ghost Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 09:29 AM
what would make a company compatible, and is it the isp or the phone company.
My isp is PressEnter and My phone company is SBC
Posted By: Ntd Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 10:28 AM
It is the isp that has to be compatible, and any isp which is big should be able to play on Xbox live.
Posted By: Ghost Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 10:49 AM
well i have a smaller isp that provides service to parts of wisconsin and minnesota
Posted By: Ntd Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/25/03 02:50 PM
well sometimes smaller isp's (don't know if they do this in america) use biggers isp's to provide the servises and as it is a programming issue all you can do is hope that it is the case or swap isp's smile
Posted By: Crime Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/26/03 04:51 AM
sorry, but xbox live isnt compatiable with PressEnter, you could prolly try xbox connect

www.xbconnect.com
Posted By: Ghost Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/26/03 01:15 PM
that sucks.
Posted By: Ghost Re: Xbox live and ISDN; Does It work? - 08/30/03 03:52 AM
I finally e-mailed pressenter and they said that as long as you have a router that xbox live is compatible.
© UGN Security Forum