UGN Security
You have been sent here because a spam block is in effect for your account preventing you being connected to the internet and therefore not allowing you to send any email
The spam block has been put in place because your computer is endangering the email services of other users. Your service will be unblocked as soon as possible after you remove the virus from your computer that is generating the spam.
---

I didn't even know this happens. We all scanned our PC's and nothing came up. Took 3hrs to restore the connection.
Weird! I wasn't spamming.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ISP blocked me because I generated spam - 04/09/09 03:23 AM
Well, I'd first request that they supply you with the headers of one of these supposid emails.

I would then ensure your wireless router (if you have one) is secure... may not even be your computer infected.

I would then run Spybot Search and Destroy, Hijack This, and Avast! to see if anything can be located.

Then I'd burn down the house, paying careful attention not to mess with the electrical system, and praise the computer as a Tikigod
lol Happy birthday dude smile
ISP said they will charge for the "report" when I asked for a copy of the email. Whatever.
Ill see if it happens again.
Internet has been dropping out lots over the last 3 days.
The Wireless settings are secure though this morning I got an sms from a friend who was using it that night and said she found a 'tracking cookie'.
It could be the Conficker worm which spammed the network.

The ISP is certain that it was our IP address that generated the Spam and I don't doubt that. I just want to know who's email it was.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ISP blocked me because I generated spam - 04/10/09 08:51 PM
Tracking cookies come from any website, hell, you may get one here from Adsense, I'll need to look...

It's however crazy that they'll lock your email privileges but not supply you with information about the email that supposedly originated from your connection without you having to pay lol...
Do you have any suggestions for a tool to scan for the conflicker worm?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: ISP blocked me because I generated spam - 04/11/09 06:01 AM
Well, so long as you run Windows Updates the MS Vulnerability MS08-067 should be patched...

So, like with every other worm:
1. Ensure Windows is Patched.
2. Ensure you have a solid Virus Scanner (Avast! is FREE, there is no excuse)
3. Ensure you have some auditing tools like Spybot Search and Destroy and Hijack This! so you can perform a scan of your system.
I read a good article on CNET which has links at the end to a Conficker Eye Chart, which tests your pc for infection. Also had removal options.

Mostly computers that are running non genuine windows are the culprits spreading the worm. Those guys can not update to the latest windows security patches.

The internet brown outs are gone for me for now anyway.
© UGN Security Forum