UGN Security
Posted By: sinetific SP2 Comments - 09/03/04 10:19 AM
Anyone install xp Sp2? I did. It made my computer all crappy. Windows security center is gay. It automatically installs msn messenger 6.2 if it isnt installed. crappy, I hate msn and I hate the new windows update too. Die Microsoft. Ok im done now, just had to vent.
Posted By: Rican Havock Re: SP2 Comments - 09/03/04 01:13 PM
well i like SP2 it is Alright...
I.E gets a Pop up blocked that seems better than Google toolbar popup blocker,

setting up wireless networks is alot more streamline an faster.

And the Windows Security Center is Perfect for those Average windows users who can't distinguish a firewall from Anti-virus (trust me I work IT)

And it didn't install MSN messenger 6.2, cause mine is still on 4.7 an that is after SP2 installtion.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: SP2 Comments - 09/03/04 08:09 PM
MSN Messenger; I hadn't noticed that it installed it at all, then again I just disable it; i've not seen MS messenger in years lol...

The security center is gay; I don't appreciate being forced to enable Windows Auto Updates and the Windows Firewall to make that damned icon go away....

The IE popup blocker is [censored] pointless and ugly as hell, I use the GoogleBar one and just set IE to ignore the windows popup blocker.

SP2 does have a good amount of security fixes however so the goods sadly outweigh the bads...
Posted By: jonconley Re: SP2 Comments - 09/03/04 08:10 PM
Well so far there has already been a hole that was found and exploited in SP2.

Also, the "anti-virus" option of the security center sucks bad. I have had a few service calls relating to ppl that have the warning popping up about windows failure to communicate with your antivirus. I know some of them were using like Norton 2003 which is pretty damn popular.

Also, just to mention Dell. Yesterday a lady let me know that they needed help b/c evidently Dell tech support told her that the failure to communicate message meant they already had a virus on their brand new Dell and unfortunately they cannot support that.

Shitty companies and shitty service.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: SP2 Comments - 09/04/04 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jonconley:
Well so far there has already been a hole that was found and exploited in SP2.

Also, the "anti-virus" option of the security center sucks bad. I have had a few service calls relating to ppl that have the warning popping up about windows failure to communicate with your antivirus. I know some of them were using like Norton 2003 which is pretty damn popular.

Also, just to mention Dell. Yesterday a lady let me know that they needed help b/c evidently Dell tech support told her that the failure to communicate message meant they already had a virus on their brand new Dell and unfortunately they cannot support that.

Shitty companies and shitty service.
Anti-Virus: I'm running Norton Corporate and it told me that it couldn't communicate... at least they already allowed me to disable the messages.

Dell: Yeh man, they moved most of their support over seas; it used to be handled by Solectron in Las Vegas but was cheaper to move to india. I have a dell laptop, the dotheads [censored] lost it int heir system, when i called to find out what the holdup was (two months without my laptop due to this) they said that it had already been delivered and where giving me the routing number of the box they sent me to mail the laptop to them in.... [censored] idiots...
Posted By: Ice Re: SP2 Comments - 09/19/04 09:11 AM
hmmm i guess i wont install SP 2 lol = /

All i hear is bad things about it lol.. and i heard that games CRAP out alot with SP2.

Someone told me that Microsoft will make it mandatory to download it in 8 months ?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: SP2 Comments - 09/19/04 09:51 AM
I'm runnin SP2 and have yet to have any issues; in fact, since install my moms pc hasn't crashed once...
© UGN Security Forum