UGN Security
Posted By: Chem Spybot - Search & Destroy - 07/20/03 11:20 PM
Quote:
Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too smile
-------------------------------------

Official Site: Here

Direct Download: Here
Posted By: jonconley Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 07/21/03 12:04 AM
Works good on this puter. my dad uses it
Posted By: Gollum Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/05/03 09:19 AM
i've used it for a while, and would never go without it anymore. i suggest it to everyone i meet. well, those who i talk to about computers anyway.//
Posted By: expatriate ghost Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/06/03 01:39 AM
I installed the spybot software, but every time I run the search and destroy feature, it freezes up on me about halfway through and theres nothing I can do but ctrl - alt - del and end program.

any suggestions ?
Posted By: Chem Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/13/03 06:13 AM
Try shutting down any other programs you're using, and make sure you have the newest version.

Or try redownloading it,
Posted By: ObiWan Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/13/03 07:20 AM
I have used it and have only good things to say.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/13/03 11:09 AM
Did it find and kill the new windows virii?
Posted By: Predator Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/15/03 02:28 PM
It doesn't kill virii and worms, it just eliminates spyware.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/15/03 08:06 PM
I actully started running 2 spyware programs "Spybot search and destroy, and adaware". I have found that sometimes Adaware will catch thing spybot misses, and vice versa. Also to the post of the new windows virii. If you are speaking about the worm that has been giving people a NT authortity error when they have their connection is up after a period of time. Then the best way to get rid of it is to get the update from microsoft.com and patch the hole alltogether. Also its a NT only worm so people with *nix and the older OS's (ME,98,) SHOULD be fine. Also if you are running firewall you should also be in the clear.
Posted By: Chem Re: Spybot - Search & Destroy - 08/16/03 07:44 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're talking about the RPC exploit, If you get hit with a variation of it (worm etc) then backup all your personal files and wipe out the harddrive. installing the patch after you get hit with it wont do jack squat.

Heh, I'm derailing my own thread..
© UGN Security Forum