UGN Security
Posted By: servo system no right click - 02/20/04 07:56 AM
hey yes i was wondering if it was posibol if i could find out what my comptuer name is if i dont have a right click and i can not get into the control pannel
Posted By: Shinobi Re: no right click - 02/20/04 08:18 AM
One way is if you have a key that looks like a arrow over a list (Should be right next to the Windows Key on the bottom right of the keyboard. If you highlight what you want and hit that key it should bring up the right click menu... If you don't have that key or can't find it there is a hotkey you can hold down and left click to bring up the right click menu. I can't find it for you because I am at work right now but you can use the magical
http://www.google.com

and if you need more you probably want to search for windows hotkeys or windows shortcut keys something like that.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: no right click - 02/20/04 08:27 AM
wow I can't talk and answer questions at the same time apprently..... My brain can't multitask....I need a processor upgrade.... frown
Posted By: sazoo Re: no right click - 02/28/04 03:12 PM
you can try to access the windows explorer by pressing the window sign at the keyboard then the letter e. and i think you can open the control panel from there....
Posted By: sparkicks Re: no right click - 05/05/04 11:44 PM
Well one way that you can do it if you can get into control panell is select mouse and change the primary and secondary click around. The first option and the first tab. so right click is left click and left click is right click.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: no right click - 05/06/04 05:49 AM
Entertaining when you have to select something
Posted By: MESELF Re: no right click - 05/11/04 06:52 AM
what do you mean by "don't have a right click" as in the right button on your mouse is broken? or windows has disabled right clicking? because a few of the computers at our school have had right clicking disabled in the shell (i think it might be in TweakUI?) couldnt you just go to command prompt and type in "netstat -a" and the loopback would come up with the computer name as the address? i know my computer does.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: no right click - 05/11/04 09:08 AM
his school blocked right clicking with a security suite.
Posted By: MESELF Re: no right click - 05/12/04 05:04 AM
yeah, if its blocked by a security suite then wouldn't all the shortcuts just be intercepted since they are basically the same thing as right clicking? i would think they would all call the same function, and the function would just be blocked? and i would think it would be the same thing for control panel, no? thats what the computers at my school do, any way you try to get to control panel it just says something to the effect that you have to have administrator rights. i don't know about for you but at my school if you really need to get to control panel or right click you can logon to the local computer and not the network as
login: administrator
password: 2004
and then the third box select the local computer
i dont know if the password is generated or if it was set. not sure though.
Posted By: Ntd Re: no right click - 05/12/04 05:09 AM
At my school we have VB open for every one so if i need to do something then all i have to do is write or download some vb source code you could try that?
© UGN Security Forum