UGN Security
Posted By: mtlhd windows tweaking - 06/27/02 11:26 AM
I was going through some links and found these sites to be neat and somewhat usefull. Some of you might have seen'em before, if you have that's grand. But if you haven't I think they're worth a look. Here they are, in no particualar order ;op

Tweaki

TweakUI

Icon Packager

Trans Text

TClock

Ok, that's it for now. I'll just add this site because you "may" find it useful for some of these programs listed above.... "may not", who knows, but yea here it is Astalavista.box.sk
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: windows tweaking - 06/27/02 05:36 PM
/me jumps on metal
damn [censored], where the hell have you been. i havent talked to you in like 8 months or something. get on AIM you whore.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 02:31 AM
Out of that list I like TweakUI
Posted By: xero Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 03:10 AM
tweakui screwed up my registry...lost a lot of stuff. too bad win 2k doesnt have scanreg /restore, that was very helpful back when i had 98...hadta reinstall 2k
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 05:51 AM
2k = last known good configuration
Posted By: xero Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 07:22 AM
i tried that and it didnt work for some strange reason...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 10:10 AM
I had no problem with 2k and TweakUI, did you get an official release FOR 2k from MS?
Posted By: xero Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 10:33 AM
i dunno i was messing around with it alot hehe..
Posted By: Gremelin Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 11:30 AM
lol that may be why lol...
Posted By: Paragon Re: windows tweaking - 06/28/02 03:16 PM
I never had a problem with tweakui.
I like that tweaki prog!
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: windows tweaking - 06/29/02 03:44 AM
If it didn't work its because you logged on once or more after you screwed up the reg. otherwise it would have fixed it.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: windows tweaking - 06/29/02 04:40 AM
for some reason TweakUI didn't uninstall properly for me. I installed it and decided I didn't need it, so I tried to remove it - and it had some sort of error. So I had to read through the INF file to figure out how to manually remove it.

Annoying
Posted By: olosoft Re: windows tweaking - 07/02/02 11:32 PM
hmm, yea, i uninstalled tweakUi too, but its still here. too lazy to remove it and its not that bad.

also, if you want you windows to be able to load 'skins' and [censored], ie look like linux, osx, winxp, etc. get www.windowblinds.net

its a resource whore and i dont really like it, but if you like xp and osx rather than plain old windows, which i prefer, then, uhh, you should get it. it looks nice...
Posted By: Paragon Re: windows tweaking - 07/06/02 02:52 PM
Apparently the early versions of TweakUI were pretty buggy. But the newer versions run smoothly. So if you installed it long ago and it was buggy, you may want to reconsider installing it again.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: windows tweaking - 07/07/02 11:49 AM
I AM talking about the latest version. I tried it out a week ago - or whenever I posted about it.
© UGN Security Forum