Icey I understand where you are coming from, but here is the real deal. The fact is that you have had to have a picture ID to board a plane for as long as I can remeber, pre-9/11 and guess what those bad guys had picture ID, so they were able to fly dozens of times before the actual attack to gather intelligence about how to carry out the attack. People in this country are buying into the "we are doing this for your own good" bullshit. Right before thanksgiving last year, there was a huge article about the fact that some government thug can, at his discretion, pull you aside and feel you up, your breasts and your pubic area "to check for explosives". But I'm a full blooded white american you say, big deal, because if we start pulling out the middle eastern people, remember the ones who attacked us, it is profiling but that's wrong, so go ahead Mohammed, enjoy your flight while we pat down this old lady with a walker. I am so sick of the go ahead, I have nothing to hide mentality, because guess what, by the time they get to you, they will have a law in place agaiunst something you have, or you do. As a matter of fact just by entering into this debate, anyone of us could have just opened ourselves up for monitoring by the FBI or Dept. to promote Homeland insecurity. Been reading to many conspiracy sites you say? Well, read PATRIOT and PATRIOT II, guess what they don't even need probable cause to search anymore, just suspicion. I took an OATH to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America, and I don't see how any of theses laws are even remotely constitutional. /rant off
Apostrophe T, need this torture?-They Might Be Giants