Has anyone here seen "Bowling For Columbine" by Michael Moore? If not, see it! Probably the best documentary I've ever seen. It's about why Americans are so violent. As I'm sure most of you know, I'm from Canada and the problem is not nearly as serious here. We have one police officer in our school who doesn't do much at all. Basically she just goes around talking to kids about anti-bullying stuff. Michael Moore comes to the conclusion that most likely Americans are more violent than Canadians, and the rest of the world, is for the exact same reasons all of you are saying happens in school, everyone tries to scare everyone else. The news in the US is basically like murder after murder and the media tries to scare everyone, always talking about violence and terrorism. American culture is all about scaring everyone, so everyone had guns and fights back because they always think they are in danger. You've showed this in this topic. Your school principles scare you with threats of police action and so on. We had a demonstration at our school last year. I'd say at least have the student population walked out. The police drove around with the students while they marched, trying to keep them on the sidewalk. There were no punitioments for the students or anything. Your media and authority power scare everyone, so that's why there's more violence in the states.

http://www.dopeskill.com