Figured I'd add, a major portion of the idea of this was a conversation that I had with a state worker regarding their screwed up security policies on their windows machines...

I suggested that they run Linux (Ubuntu) on their systems. The response was that users would need to use the internet... My response then was that FireFox is a web browser with vast support on various operating systems.

The response was then that users had to have access to Microsoft Office. to which my rebuttal was that Open Office is freeware and is capable of saving as and converting to Microsoft Office applications.

The response then? "Well, we've already bought licenses, so we have to use them"... Typical cop out...

Why waste tax payer money on something that you can use and run for free? At least then you wouldn't have to worry about people installing AIM and MySpace Messenger on county/state resource computers and your security policies not allowing you to UNINSTALL them...

What I found amusing was that the machines in the resource lab are Dell computers which where shipped running Vista Business (which the CD Key states on the side of the machine I might add) yet all of the systems are running WXP; so I have to wonder how much more money they wasted by buying machines with the most expensive OS available then purchasing and installing WXP on them all...