I would agree. I don't know much about hacking, but from what I can tell, I think it would get boring. Scan a system, find an exploit, run the exploit, same old thing. Programming though, it's always different. I have problems that I get interested, see if I can solve them with code. I find it's been very useful, too. In fact just last week I finished a calc test in less than 10 minutes and the next person came in at just under an hour. Instead of doing homework all week, I figured out the math and wrote programs on my calc to automate things for me. Useful, fun, and I know how to do the math so there's nothing wrong with it. I've also found that I learn a ton when doing any programming. For example, the servlet control panel I wrote, I knew maybe 15% of what I needed to to write it when I first began. I knew how to find what I needed to know though, so I was able to. In just this one project I probably doubled my knowledge, learning about server side processing, database access, encryption, optimization. Maybe I'm biased towards programming because I know how to do it, but I think that it's a hobby that doesn't have any limits.