"Well, a hacker being someone who hacks makes sense, but just because you have hacked, doesn't mean you do hack"

and if I do still hack every once in awhile does would THAT make me a hacker? I don't consider myself a hacker, but people may think so if they want.

"I believe there is a correct definition of what a hacker is"

You're still convinced there's a single definition? If there's any definition then a dictionary would have it. Let's take a looksy at what it has to say:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hacker

hacker (the first search result)
1) One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.
2) One who uses programming skills to gain illegal access to a computer network or file.
3) One who enthusiastically pursues a game or sport: a weekend tennis hacker.

I consider number 1 to be the original definition of hacker in reference to computers. The meaning has since become more widely known as definition number 2. You'll find in later search results on that same link where they say that definition number 2 is discouraged and that it is really called a cracker.

It failed to mention the also widely prevelent idealistic abstract mental definitions of hacker - which I consider to be an indulgance of wanting to make a 'hacker' something next to godliness.

check out this other definition:

"One who programs enthusiastically (even obsessively) or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming."

By golly, under that definition I fit the word 'hacker' to the T.

How can you say there's any RIGHT definition for the word hacker? How? It's proposterous. It's narrow-minded, it's limiting. Very few words have only one meaning. So just admit to yourself - if not to me - that there's more than one definition of hacker! There's the computer buff hacker, there's the criminal hacker, and then there's the oh so favorite godly hacker. All definitions are correct!