I'm not saying there is a single definition for the word "hacker" or "hacking" altogether, there are other definitions such as hack writer, and tennis hacker, etc.
Notice, none of the definitions for what we are talking about when we say "hacking" are contradictory, except in the case of "A malicious meddler who tries to discover sensitive information by poking around. Hence 'password hacker', 'network hacker'."
But the next sentence after that is:
"The correct term is cracker."

Also, consider that the dictionary definitions are written by non-hackers. A couple of the definitions there are defining how most people use the term, not defining what hacking actually is (and therefor what a hacker is).
The definitions of the kind of hacking we're talking about are essentially correct, and don't conflict. They're trying to define the same thing, but in very few words. I believe my text file gives a more accurate and in depth explanation of what hacking really is, and what it's about.

- A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.
- One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

These seem pretty accurate to me, along with your programming one. So yes, when it comes to the kind of hacking we're talking about, there is a correct definition. I think you need to read my text file to truly get what I'm trying to say. The truth of what hacking is is more fundamental than what dictionary.com is saying (or rather the dictionaries it's referencing). Remember, those definitions were written by those who lack a proper understanding of what hacking is really about (except perhaps the one referencing the jargon file).